“Business trip”

Homewood Suites by Hilton St Cloud
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed 28 August 2014

An excellent choice if you really want to feel at home while away! The hotel and staff are top notch and are always ready to help you out. This trip we were there only overnight however we find this the place we most want to be to be able to rest between meetings and travel. We were able to get an early check in so that my husband could rest while I was in meetings which makes it work very well for us. It is so nice to be greeted by the staff when we return to this facility now that we have been using it for about four years as our resting place and meeting place with family and friends when I travel for business.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

If more than two are traveling, a suite is much more comfortable. The property was easy to see from the road but the entrance road was not marked. Our check-in was friendly with a hiccup: our first room was a studio suite when we had reserved a 1-br suite. This was quickly resolved. The suite was comfortable and so were the beds. Sound control and A/C were good. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, home fries, and the usual carbohydrate assortment but there were few healthy choices - no sugar-free yogurt or fruit salad, for example. We did not see the fitness facilities. Location is close to malls and restaurants.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Everything about this hotel was fabulous! The rooms, the staff, the breakfast, the pool and hot tub, we loved it all! Its really close to a lot of stores too which was great for us. We ended up driving across the street to Target to pick up groceries for dinner which because of the in room kitchen were easy to whip up a nice home cooked dinner with. :) The only thing we encountered that was a slight mistake, was the room did not have bedding for the pull out couch but the front desk staff literally brought it in seconds when we let them know it was missing. The beds were so comfy too and the one bedroom suite was spacious. No other hotel rooms have been able to match this one for us. I also thought the price paid for what you get with this hotel was very reasonable! We plan on staying again when we return back to NY next week and for future trips too! Thanks for such an awesome stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I have been traveling for the past 10 days celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We have stayed at Choice Hotels, Marriott Hotels, and Holiday Inn's. We have paid cash at each and every hotel. We have had no problem at any other hotel. The Homewood Suites would not allow us to pay cash unless we allowed them to also authorize our credit card. Against our better judgement we told them they could but did not want anything charged to the card. They attempted to charge our card anyway and it came back blocked because we had not told our credit union we were traveling since we had no intention of using the card. They would not let us check in even though we had the cash and our ID's. As an explanation the man who appeared to be in charge said they have had people who pay cash stiff them. Not quite sure how a cash customer with ID's can stiff them,and he was extremely condescending and rude. We were standing there with the cash in hand. When my wife asked if he was joking he said it was corporate policy. They made us feel like we were not worthy to stay at their establishment because we wanted to pay cash instead of using credit.​ We both travel extensively for work and pleasure. This is the very first time we have not been allowed to check into a hotel for any reason. I must add this is also the first time we have stayed at a Hilton brand hotel. We normally stay at Marriott brands, and have also stayed at Choice Hotels and have never had any problems paying cash at either of those brands.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walter S
Dan L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton St Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Walter,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time give us your feedback. We rely heavily on the feedback of our valued guests to help us improve our standards of quality and service. I am sorry to see that we did not live up to those standards during your recent stay. Thank you for the honest feedback and comments.

I apologize for the difficulty you experienced during the check-in process. We accept most methods of payment, including cash. For those guests that choose the cash option, as with most hotels, in order to reduce possible guest frustration should it become necessary to make a charge to the customer’s guestroom, we ask for a credit card to authorize only. This authorization is only that, and not an actual charge. After the guest checks out, this authorization is released per the cardholder’s financial institution’s policies. Again, please accept my apologies for the frustration you experienced.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have further concerns. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you if you come back to the St. Cloud area.

Dan Lovaas
Homewood Suites by Hilton
115 37th Ave N. St. Cloud, MN 56303
Phone 320.252.5900

Reviewed 14 August 2014

we loved our stay here. hotel is very new and everything is perfect. location is in great proximity to many restaurants and shopping:) excellent friendly staff... great pool and hot tub as well:) will definitely stay here again next time I'm in this area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank mmmaria63
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I fled to the Homewood Suites after a miserable experience at another hotel, and was delighted with what I found. The only knock on the place, literally the ONLY knock is that it's a little off the highway and not super-easily accessible but that's it. Aside from that the rooms are immaculate, they have tons of channels available, and everything from the tv's; the showers, the beds, etc is super modern and very well kept. I really appreciated the actual digital thermostat that they have in every room, where you can set the temp normally, instead of having to go to the actual unit and play around with knobs and "Cool-hi" "Cool-low" buttons. They have a great little mini-store downstairs with the usual freezer meals, soft-drinks, snacks and candies, as well as a selection of dvd's you can rent and watch in your room. They serve a sizeable breakfast and dinner which is included in your rate, and the breakfast has several different buffet style choices, and the dinner menu changes each day and is posted so you can see what they're serving. Every staff member I met from the housekeeping crew, to Larry the gentleman who checked me in, were extremely professionally dressed, as well as courteous and polite. I've stayed at about 6 hotels in the St.Cloud area, and this is by far the best. My only advice, put in some jacuzzi tubs in some of the suites!

Room Tip: They're all good, however, if you want a quick get-a-way in the morning, get a room by one of th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I have been traveling for the past 10 days celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We have stayed at Choice Hotels, Marriott Hotels, and Holiday Inn's. We have paid cash at each and every hotel. We have had no problem at any hotel until today. The Homewood Suites would not allow us to pay cash unless we allowed them to also authorize our credit card. We told them they could but did not want anything charged to the card. They attempted to charge our card anyway and it came back blocked because we had not told our credit union we were traveling since we had no intention of using the card. They would not let us check in even though we had the cash and our ID's. As an explanation the man who appeared to be in charge said they have had people stiff them. I was standing there with the cash in my hand. When I asked if he was joking he said it was corporate policy. They made us feel like we were not worthy to stay at their establishment because we wanted to pay cash instead of credit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton St Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your feedback, which is vital to us, in order to achieve our goal of exceeding each one of our guests’ expectations.

I apologize for the difficulty you experienced during the check-in process. As with most hotels we will readily accept cash payment. For our guests that choose to pay cash, we do ask for a credit card to authorize in order to cover any incidental charges the guest may incur. This is to reduce potential guest frustration if it becomes necessary to charge an amenity to a customer’s account. This is an authorization only, not an actual charge. The authorization is released after the guest checks out, per the cardholder’s financial institution’s policies. Again, please accept my apologies for the frustration you experienced.