“Fun place - good restaurant on third floor” 4 of 5 bubbles

D.B. Searle's
Ranked #49 of 165 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Suffolk, UK
“Fun place - good restaurant on third floor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Historic building with bar area on first floor and casual dining, but walk to the back of the bar and go upstairs to the third floor. Good restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere, and a very interesting historic background, including the Men's Restroom.

Visited October 2013

Big Lake, Minnesota, United States
“Jeller”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

D.B. Searle's is a converted historical landmark that offers up a unique experience, cold drinks, excellent food, and a casual or romantic atmosphere for young and old. It's one of my favorites.

Don't knock it until you've experienced it ... :0) YUMBO !!!

• Visited December 2012
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Not My Kind of Bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've gotta start off by saying that most people I know love this place, and to be honest I have never eaten here, I have only been to the downstairs bar. I have visited about four times. The first two times were unremarkable. It was a bit crowded, not much space to sit, and way too loud to have a conversation, but they had good specials on different flavored Kamikaze shots. We didn't stay long either time. The third time I visited with my old college roommate. We had not been in the bar long before the DJ began making some off color jokes, one of which was a homophobic comment that kind of shocked us. We left right away, and neither of us had plans to return. The final time I visited with a few friends from out of town because they wanted a tour and DB Searle's is a fairly famous place by St. Cloud standards. That was the one time I really had a good time there, mostly playing games and talking (loudly). Unfortunately, some other guys in the bar were staring down one of my friends like they wanted to beat the crap out of him, so we decided to leave after a little while. I think this bar could be good, but the space is lacking, the music is too loud most of the time, and it seems to attract unfriendly people (and DJs).

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Edinburg, Texas, United States
“DB Searles St Cloud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Great restaurant/bar Food was delicious and the staff was awesome. Nice old building with a lot of history in it

Visited June 2013
Central MN
“Nick's 3rd Floor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Have been to Nick's on a couple of occasions (birthday and Valentine's Day). Great food and drinks both times. Food is mostly local fare, which is super cool. The Minnesota Maple Salad is magnificent. We had sketchy service the first trip, but once we called to their attention that they had seated us in a corner and forgotten about us, they more than made up for the mistake by double-teaming our table of six (good recovery on their part). Service is otherwise friendly and not only would I recommend this place, I will most certainly return again.

• Visited February 2013