“I'll stay here over HIExpress anyway!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Sioux Falls, SD
“I'll stay here over HIExpress anyway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel gets insanely high reviews, and I am not sure why. At the end of the day, its a 3 star hotel however you look at it.

With that preface out there, I think the AmericInn business model is brilliant. Not the best rooms, beds, etc...but the service and family friendly atmosphere is worth it. The rooms were very clean, and the breakfast runs a good competition with the neighbors across the street!!

The one complaint I have is the pool. The hot tub was pretty grimy and so was the regular pool. That being said, I have experienced much worse with hotel pools and I am sure it didn't help that it was packed full of kids this weekend.

The community area is very cozy and inviting, something that you can look forward to when staying here. I would rather stay here over the holiday inn express across the street any day of the week.

Staff were very friendly, great job management.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed February 2012
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for staying here at the AmericInn of St. Cloud. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we truly enjoy helping our guests. It makes our jobs easier and your stay that much better. Thank you for sharing your stay with us with the TripAdvisor community.

Kathy Hage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

What brings me back again and again are the people. The beds are luxury. I travel alone with my dog Sophia. There are many people I have met here. They also return on a regular schedule...It feels as if we are home. Kathy and staff anticipate your needs before you request them. They helped me give Sophia her medication, when she was reluctant to do so. They go above and beyond to help where they are needed. I travel with a jeep and a camper. There is more space and accommodations for parking than I have seen in 90% of my travels..The coffee/tea/hotchocolate is always on,
warm cookies and a great hot breakfast. Evening snack Free WiFi, cable, pool and hot tub.What more can a person hope for?

Room Tip: I have a little Chinese Crested dog. The rooms designated for pets were spotless. I have not heard...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let your fellow TripAdvisor peers know about your stay at our Hotel. As you mentioned we are a pet friendly hotel and every one of our staff loves animals. We am so happy that you choose to stay with us. We look forward to hearing about your travels in the future.

ABERDEEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

The beginning of this month while I was on my route I got the flu. When I arrived at the hotel Michelle and Kathy greeted me as usual (I stay here 2 days a week). I told them I have the flu and you probably dont want to be around me. I told them that I was even to tired to get something to eat. They asked me what I wanted and I told them that a shake is all I can eat/drink when I have the flu. The next thing I hear is a knock at the door, when I went to answer it there was a Vanilla shake sitting infront of the door. The staff here is great, what other hotel can you go to where they will walk down the street and get you a shake just to make you feel better. This place is a must stay hotel. A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your "wonderful" experience with TripAdvisor. We do what ever we can to help our guests feel comfortable and "at home" and if that means getting a shake, well that's what we do. We hope you are feeling better and we look forward to seeing you again.

Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was the cleanest, nicest, friendliest hotel I have ever stayed at! I would highly recommend this hotel and plan on staying when I'm in the St. Cloud area again! Thanks for the great experience!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let other TripAdvisor travelers know about your great experience here at the AmericInn of St. Cloud. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Broadview Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed here on 2/11/12 & 2/12/12. I arrived sick with bronchitus after seeing a doctor in Minneapolis, MN. While here the staff made me comfortable and made my stay comfortable while i medicated myself back to health !!! Just want everyone to know that the staff @ Americinn where both pleasant and caring of there residents. I saw there treatment of both me and the others staying @ this facility, and must say they were a cut above other hotels i have stayed in !!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your "Felt like I was at home" experience with the TripAdvisor community. We like to treat our guests as an extension of our AmericInn family and we are happy that you felt like you were. We hope you are feeling better. Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of St. Cloud.
North Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Staff greets you upon arriving, knows your name, fab coffee, tea, hot choc in lobby w/ wonderful flavored syrups anytime and pool hours are very broad. Loved the safety features in shower room off pool--no slipping!; lovely linens, good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast the next morning. I'd say, this is a good place to rest your head, work your body, and boost your brain. LJH

Room Tip: First floor worked for me, nice to get to and from pool area. Adjust the heat downward if need be cu...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lovestoswim
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let fellow travelers know about your stay at our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We try our best to get to know our guests by name. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our pool and whirlpool in comfort. Thank you for staying at the AmericInn of St. Cloud.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed here on a Saturday in a jacuzzi suite and was not disappointed. The room was immaculate and the king size bed was super comfortable. The pool room was spacious however I did not use it. I couldn't believe how full the Hilton was - it was far more expensive and I'm betting not nearly as nice as the Americinn. Breakfast in the morning was delicious! Biscuits and gravy as well as waffles and fresh fruit were plenty for a good breakfast. We went to RJs for dinner, would recommend it if you have a lot of time to kill as the service was very slow; decent food however it didn't deliver for the price.

The only downside were the jets in the jacuzzi, which were too low in the tub to be comfortable; they were mostly irritating. This is the first and only hotel that has ever provided bath salts! Great toiletry items! The hotel was kind enough to give us a late checkout and I will definately being staying there again! Thank you Americinn for a lovely evening.

Room Tip: Suites are very well priced.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay in St. Cloud with us. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms and friendly service. We are happy to hear that we lived up to that expectation. We look forward to your next stay.