AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Courtyard St. Cloud(Saint Cloud)
  • Pool
Night's Inn(Saint Cloud)
  • Free Internet
Quality Inn(Saint Cloud)
View Hotel
All reviewsamerican innwhirlpool tubwafflesbreakfast burritomiddle of townhot and cold itemsgreat rateroom was cleangreat propertyrooms are niceno elevatorthe holiday inn expressking bedeasy accesskathylobbyfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed at this Americinn many times in the past, but it had been a few years since I had last been there. I generally try to stay at Americinn facilities when my daughter travels to and from Minneapolis for medical attention.

We arrived rather late without a reservation. I did not make a reservation as I did not know how long the medical appointments would take and how far we would be able to travel before stopping. When I went to the desk, I was offered several options for a room. I chose a 2 room King Suite and was very pleased. The rooms have been redecorated from previous visits and are very tastefully done. The accommodations - sofa, bed. and table/chairs are all very comfortable.

There apparently was a hockey tournament the night we were there, so there were many people including several youngsters. The lobby and pool area were filled, and there was quite a bit of noise in the hallway/lobby/pool area, but the room was quiet.

Very nice experience. This facility is one of my favorite stops on the way to/from Minneapolis. Hopefully, the timing of future appointments will allow us to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for sharing your "Still a great Place!" story with other travelers. You are very right we have done many new changes and updating within the hotel with many more to come. We are so happy that you enjoy staying here and keep coming back year after year. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My son and I have stayed here three times in the last six months, enough that Linda knows who we are when we check in. The rooms are nice, clean, comfortable. We started staying here after trying out the Motel 6 to save a few bucks, and it's just incredible how much difference a caring attitude makes. The only complaint I have is that the pool temperature needs to be raised up several degrees. It's not cold, but it's also not warm enough either. The breakfast in the morning is great. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you very much for sharing this nice review on TripAdvisor. I will most certainly look into the temperature of the water. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We are so happy that you have chosen to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel gets insanely high reviews, and I am not sure why. At the end of the day, its a 3 star hotel however you look at it.

With that preface out there, I think the AmericInn business model is brilliant. Not the best rooms, beds, etc...but the service and family friendly atmosphere is worth it. The rooms were very clean, and the breakfast runs a good competition with the neighbors across the street!!

The one complaint I have is the pool. The hot tub was pretty grimy and so was the regular pool. That being said, I have experienced much worse with hotel pools and I am sure it didn't help that it was packed full of kids this weekend.

The community area is very cozy and inviting, something that you can look forward to when staying here. I would rather stay here over the holiday inn express across the street any day of the week.

Staff were very friendly, great job management.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed: February 2012
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for staying here at the AmericInn of St. Cloud. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we truly enjoy helping our guests. It makes our jobs easier and your stay that much better. Thank you for sharing your stay with us with the TripAdvisor community.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

What brings me back again and again are the people. The beds are luxury. I travel alone with my dog Sophia. There are many people I have met here. They also return on a regular schedule...It feels as if we are home. Kathy and staff anticipate your needs before you request them. They helped me give Sophia her medication, when she was reluctant to do so. They go above and beyond to help where they are needed. I travel with a jeep and a camper. There is more space and accommodations for parking than I have seen in 90% of my travels..The coffee/tea/hotchocolate is always on,
warm cookies and a great hot breakfast. Evening snack Free WiFi, cable, pool and hot tub.What more can a person hope for?

Room Tip: I have a little Chinese Crested dog. The rooms designated for pets were spotless. I have not heard a peep from the adjoining rooms in all of the times I have stayed here. I prefer lower level for accommodating my dog. There is not an elevator on site.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let your fellow TripAdvisor peers know about your stay at our Hotel. As you mentioned we are a pet friendly hotel and every one of our staff loves animals. We am so happy that you choose to stay with us. We look forward to hearing about your travels in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The beginning of this month while I was on my route I got the flu. When I arrived at the hotel Michelle and Kathy greeted me as usual (I stay here 2 days a week). I told them I have the flu and you probably dont want to be around me. I told them that I was even to tired to get something to eat. They asked me what I wanted and I told them that a shake is all I can eat/drink when I have the flu. The next thing I hear is a knock at the door, when I went to answer it there was a Vanilla shake sitting infront of the door. The staff here is great, what other hotel can you go to where they will walk down the street and get you a shake just to make you feel better. This place is a must stay hotel. A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for sharing your "wonderful" experience with TripAdvisor. We do what ever we can to help our guests feel comfortable and "at home" and if that means getting a shake, well that's what we do. We hope you are feeling better and we look forward to seeing you again.