“Good stay on way home”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Good stay on way home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stopped overnight in St. Cloud on our way back to Canada and stayed at the AmericInn based on the rating on tripadvisor. It was well located near the Interstate for us to hit the road again the next morning. The staff were friendly and the room was clean, good sized and had a nice jacuzzi in it. There is also a nice lobby area to relax in and we were offered soup in the evening as well as breakfast in the morning. Shopping and restaurants are about a 5 - 10 minute drive into town. but it was a good overnight choice for us.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you for the "Good stay on way home" review with TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having our guests use our lobby to just relax or work on a puzzle at the puzzle table or to visit with friends and family. Thank you again for the great review.

Kathy Hage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Farmington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My wife, son, Mother and I stayed here during my Dad's recent Heart Surgery at the Hospital and I don't think we could have picked a better place! The staff was wonderful, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the free breakfast was great in the morning! My only complaint was that the shower head was pretty old and didn't put out a lot of water pressure -I provided this feedback in a survey to the hotel, and within fifteen minutes I received an email telling me that they had replaced the shower head...talk about great service and valuing your opinions to make the next stay even better!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you so much for the review "Great Stay/Great Service". We really appreciate you letting other TripAdvisor travelers know about our hotel and the service you received. We do our best to keep things in proper working order, but sometimes things slip through, so I do Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the shower head. We hope your dad is doing well after his surgery. We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you again.

Lonsdale, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is a great place to come with your kids - simple layout makes it easy to find your room, and the gathering area in the lobby was inviting. The pool area is very nice & has a shower area to rinse off the chlorine, as well as a restroom. The bed was very comfortable, rooms were very clean & quiet. Breakfast in the morning was great. There was something for everyone, from waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, biscuits & gravy, oatmeal, juice, and more! Staff was very friendly and helpful too. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have any trouble with stairs, get a room on the first floor. There are no elevators. Althou...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for the wonderful "Great Place to Stay" review with TripAdvisor. We really appreciate all of your great comments. I love having our guests making full use of our amenities like the pool and whirlpool. It makes us very happy when we have guests using our lobby as a place to relax and just enjoy being here or watching the little ones play in the kids area. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have stayed at this Americinn many times in the past, but it had been a few years since I had last been there. I generally try to stay at Americinn facilities when my daughter travels to and from Minneapolis for medical attention.

We arrived rather late without a reservation. I did not make a reservation as I did not know how long the medical appointments would take and how far we would be able to travel before stopping. When I went to the desk, I was offered several options for a room. I chose a 2 room King Suite and was very pleased. The rooms have been redecorated from previous visits and are very tastefully done. The accommodations - sofa, bed. and table/chairs are all very comfortable.

There apparently was a hockey tournament the night we were there, so there were many people including several youngsters. The lobby and pool area were filled, and there was quite a bit of noise in the hallway/lobby/pool area, but the room was quiet.

Very nice experience. This facility is one of my favorite stops on the way to/from Minneapolis. Hopefully, the timing of future appointments will allow us to stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your "Still a great Place!" story with other travelers. You are very right we have done many new changes and updating within the hotel with many more to come. We are so happy that you enjoy staying here and keep coming back year after year. Thank you.

Lake City, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My son and I have stayed here three times in the last six months, enough that Linda knows who we are when we check in. The rooms are nice, clean, comfortable. We started staying here after trying out the Motel 6 to save a few bucks, and it's just incredible how much difference a caring attitude makes. The only complaint I have is that the pool temperature needs to be raised up several degrees. It's not cold, but it's also not warm enough either. The breakfast in the morning is great. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you very much for sharing this nice review on TripAdvisor. I will most certainly look into the temperature of the water. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We are so happy that you have chosen to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Sioux Falls, SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel gets insanely high reviews, and I am not sure why. At the end of the day, its a 3 star hotel however you look at it.

With that preface out there, I think the AmericInn business model is brilliant. Not the best rooms, beds, etc...but the service and family friendly atmosphere is worth it. The rooms were very clean, and the breakfast runs a good competition with the neighbors across the street!!

The one complaint I have is the pool. The hot tub was pretty grimy and so was the regular pool. That being said, I have experienced much worse with hotel pools and I am sure it didn't help that it was packed full of kids this weekend.

The community area is very cozy and inviting, something that you can look forward to when staying here. I would rather stay here over the holiday inn express across the street any day of the week.

Staff were very friendly, great job management.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed February 2012
americinnstc, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for staying here at the AmericInn of St. Cloud. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we truly enjoy helping our guests. It makes our jobs easier and your stay that much better. Thank you for sharing your stay with us with the TripAdvisor community.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

What brings me back again and again are the people. The beds are luxury. I travel alone with my dog Sophia. There are many people I have met here. They also return on a regular schedule...It feels as if we are home. Kathy and staff anticipate your needs before you request them. They helped me give Sophia her medication, when she was reluctant to do so. They go above and beyond to help where they are needed. I travel with a jeep and a camper. There is more space and accommodations for parking than I have seen in 90% of my travels..The coffee/tea/hotchocolate is always on,
warm cookies and a great hot breakfast. Evening snack Free WiFi, cable, pool and hot tub.What more can a person hope for?

Room Tip: I have a little Chinese Crested dog. The rooms designated for pets were spotless. I have not heard...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let your fellow TripAdvisor peers know about your stay at our Hotel. As you mentioned we are a pet friendly hotel and every one of our staff loves animals. We am so happy that you choose to stay with us. We look forward to hearing about your travels in the future.