“I am amazed by the rave reviews! Maybe two and a half stars?!”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Appleton, Wisconsin
“I am amazed by the rave reviews! Maybe two and a half stars?!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is quite an average hotel with large rooms. It would be below average if the rooms were smaller and the if the bed was not so comfortable. The check in clerk was very friendly and helpful. Those are the three positives.

Here is the rest of the story. There is no (zero) counter space in the bathroom. You can balance your stuff on the toilet tank top, if you move the tissue box and towels. But there is no place to put them, except in the kitchen. There is no shelf in the shower for shampoo or soap. Not even a teeny tiny shelf. The shower is very gentle. Very gentle. Perhaps that is a requirement for a low flow shower head, but it is slow! Apparently it was enough water for the previous guest to wash her hair and leave some on the shower floor.

The breakfast was mediocre. Maybe they rotate menus, but today they had biscuits and gravy. No eggs, (except cold hard boiled eggs in the cooler), no bacon, no sausage. The juice, bagels, bread, and waffles looked good, but in my humble opinion eggs are part of a hot breakfast. Speaking of hot: the coffee was not! I had to put it into the microwave for 45 seconds, just to make it drinkable. I finished that cup and a new pot was brought out. Still not hot.

Wow! Now that I put all of this into writing, I wonder why I gave it three stars! Oh yeah, the bed was great and had five pillows. The downtown location is handy for many functions, but it is not handy to I-94 at all. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Melanie T, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each guest at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and our overall hotel, we want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. Your review told us what we're doing right, and your review also told us what we're doing wrong and we will use your comments to train our employees on ways that we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. We hope that our willingness to make changes and become better at what we do will allow us the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the St. Cloud area.

Melanie Tank

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We were so very pleased with this place. Staff,housekeeping ect... In town for major mtg. Never heard of before. The reviews were good. I am just disappointed we couln't stay longer. The breakfast was fabulous too! When we come back for training I only hope they put us here for the month. (Lot of details were in the rooms that we travlers forget kitchen- real flatware- laundry basket-dish soap ect...) just plain convience. Close to everything!

• Stayed May 2013
Melanie T, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Thank you so much for the great review you left us on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in what we do and your comments mean alot to us. We hope that your company will continue to trust in GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels circle around to the St. Cloud area.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel is everything you want in a stay away from home. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly, and most importantly the entire hotel was clean. I would most definitely stay here again. Thank you GrandStay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Melanie T, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that we were able to surpise you and delight you with all of our hotels wonderful features. Please visit us again the next time you are in the Saint Cloud area.

Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The Grand Stay is the nicest hotel I have stayed in for a very reasonable rate. I have stayed there many times and already have reservations to go back. In fact we are having a summer conference in St.Cloud and I suggested that the Grand Stay be the hotel of choice.

Most of my stays have been for business and Melanie and staff have been very accomodating with setting up the meeting room for us multiple times.

The suites are great with full kitchens, comfortable beds, great location and a breakfast with choices besides bagels and toast.

I can't say enough about the Grand Stay. I know it is my favorite hotel and plan on staying there as much as I can when I have business in St. Cloud. :)

Margie Giauque
Bemidji State University

Room Tip: I got a two bedroom suite for just a few dollars more and if you have to share rooms during tight bu...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Melanie T, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell other's about your great experience with us! It is comments such as yours that matter the most to our success! We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Saint Cloud area.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My stay was the best. My aunt got me the room. The staff was very nice. Housekeepers did a exception job at cleaning my room. The location is great. Close to all of down town and the campus.The best place i have ever stayed at. I ever come back this will be the place for me. Thanks again to all the staff at Grand stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Melanie T, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
We are so pleased that you took the time to write and tell other travelers about your great stay with us! It is always a pleasure to exceed the guest’s expectations. Please give us a call the next time you are in the area, we would love to have you back!

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Alexandria, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Myself and a friend arrived at the Grandstay in St. Cloud, MN on 4/5/13 with a room reservation made through a travel agency. There was an error made with the reservation, and there was no room available, and we were told that all hotels in the city were full that night due to a city activity. I was extremely pleased by the excellent customer service given to us by front desk employee, Kim. She took the time and extra effort to resolve the problem and make sure that a room was available for us that evening. As a result, we had a great evening in downtown St. Cloud, and a great night sleep at this fine hotel. I very much appreciated the fine amenities, beautiful décor, great rooms, and great customer service [especially Kim- many thanks.] I definitely will stay there again and highly recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Melanie T, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations and that we could provide you with exceptional service. Your comments are invaluable and give all future travelers an inside look at what they can expect when they stay at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel. We look forward to your next visit in the Saint Cloud area.

Marshall, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I had my first ever stay at a Grand Stay Residential Hotel in St. Cloud,MN and was very surprised and pleased to find the room had a sofa bed and a SEPARATE BEDROOM WITH A DOOR!! Other "residential" hotels have a sofa bed and almost right next to it is the regular bed. The floor plan at the Grand Stay is great for a family or two couples who want some privacy but also can share the cost of a room. The kitchenette was well designed and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Melanie T, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel St Cloud, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We are so happy that we were able to surpass your expectations. We appreciate you sharing your experience with all other travelers coming to the St. Cloud area. We look forward to your next stay with us.
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel