“pet and people friendly”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
So Minnesota
“pet and people friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We travel with our dogs and this hotel is on the riverbank, where it is nice to walk the dogs. I appreciate the fact that there is a green mill attached to the property, a pool, and is located right downtown, yet close to the hospital and the university. They rates are reasonable, and though an older hotel they do remodel on a regular basis the lobby was just remodeled. It is next to the event center and the staff has always been accomodating and professional. We stay here when ever traveling to Northern minnesota it is a nice place to stop off of hwy 10 or 94.

Room Tip: If you have pet ask not to be by the exit door, our dog barked when ever someone exited or entered...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank minniehappyreturns
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
It is with many thanks for your wonderful review and I am so very happy that you found exceeded expectations with us during your stay. The Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn is happy to say that we welcome all of our guests with two or four legs, as we are pet friendly. You are so very correct when it comes to the accessability of our property as we are conveniently located in Downtown St. Cloud, right off the banks of the Mighty Mississippi River. We are within walking distance to many shops, restaurants and entertainment. We are proud to have the Green Mill Restaurant on site and it is home to some of the most delicious Pizza and delicious dishes whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A true bonus regarding rooms and rates is that we have 18 various room types, one sure to fit any travelers needs and we accommodate the most economical to the most extravagant. Again, I thank you for your review of our hotel and hope your next travels find you in St. Cloud at the BEST Best Western Kelly Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Park Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

Our entire experience was wonderful. It started when I called to ask about a room and make a reservation. I spoke with Jennifer who could not have been any better. She found a way to never say no to my questions. We had wanted to check in early do to a very important football game and she assured my it would be fine just call ahead and let them know what time.
When we got close we called to find the room was ready. When we arrived we were greeted by Vanessa who was equally as delightful and informed us we had been upgraded to room 260 which is a king with a two person Jacuzzi.
Needless to say our trip was a complete success and I will recommend the hotel at any chance I can ( by the way we won the game).
A special thank You to both Vanessa and Jen they went the extra mile for us.
Mark & Jan Anderson
mcander49@yahoo.com
23524 Glider Dr
Park Rapids Mn 56470

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. We always appreciate when our guests give us feedback as it is the only way we truly know where our strengths and weakness lie. I am thrilled that you found our staff as wonderful as I know they are. We truly are fortunate to have one of the best teams at our Front Desk. We hope to have you back with us again and that all your travels are as wonderful as what you experienced with us at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

As my job takes me from town to town, I spend every night in hotels. I choose because of the service to spend my day off at the Kelly Inn. The employees are AWESOME, courteous helpful, I wouldn't be able to say a bad word or comment if I wanted to. It's kinda like 'Cheers' , where everybody knows your name. GREAT PLACE!!!

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad one yet, but some have a great view of the Mississippi River
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
I truly thank you for the great review of our hotel and all of our staff. It really makes me proud to be a part of such a great crew and we do thank you for making us your stop along the way. The Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn family truly is glad that you came, so it is fitting that the Cheers’ song be a part of our response.

“Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot. Wouldn’t you like to get away? Sometimes you want to go…Where everybody knows your name, and they’re always glad you came.” Song by Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo

We are happy that you allow us the opportunity to provide that home away from home and look forward to your next stay. Cheers!
Twin Cities
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Great place to stay!!! They don't build hotels/motels like this any more. Soooo quiet!! Pool was clean and well cared for. We were in St. Cloud for a hockey tourney.

Vanessa and Tom are superior performers! Thanks!

Room Tip: Top floors are always my favorites!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
We truly are proud of our hotel and the people who make the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn – St. Cloud what it is. While people and styles change, the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn has remained a staple piece in Downtown St. Cloud. For those travelers past, present and future we invite you all to come take another look at what makes the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn such a special stop along the way. Many thanks to you for your kind review and safe travels!
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

I've been coming here for like 3 months now and all the staff is amazing but, my fiance and I have dealt with Jennifer the most and she is absolutely amazing every time we have ever had a problem she wastes no time in fixing it or helping us out. She is the absolute best workers I have dealt with in any hotel I have ever been too!!!! This entire hotel is just amazing and I appreciate everyone here so nice to come somewhere where everyone is so super friendly. And again thank you Jennifer for making the stays here so wonderful....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so very much for the great review. I am happy to hear that you have had great experiences will all our staff, but a special thank you for the kudos to Jen. Jen has been with us for five months and has been a welcomed addition to our friendly front desk team. We truly do strive to make all guests feel welcome especially when this is your home away from home. We hope you continue to make the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn – St. Cloud your home away from home and look forward to seeing you on your next travel through town.
Maple Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

I went here last year and stayed with my friends Lacrosse team! I had lived in St. Cloud for 3 years and had never been there; but now that I have I will only stay there! The staff is very accommodating to the big group needs as well as your individual needs. The green mill restaurant Discount was highly beneficial and gave us a way option for dinner. I have planned my birthday there because it is close to down town and their room options were great for my birthday needs. Vanessa was and is very wonderful to work with and I cannot wait to spend the night there and introduce my friends to the hospitality that the Kelly Inn offers. I lived in st cloud for 3 years and would not pick a different place to stay for my birthday!!! How can you beat a restaurant connected to the hotel , walking distance to down town, great service, great prices, and the cleanliness!!!!! Thanks Kelly Inn and Vanessa!!!

Room Tip: Suites are great for birthdays and family events!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is always nice to see someone who has had a great experience with us during their stay. It is our hopes for all of our guests to have that same amazing experience. With our well trained and friendly staff, we are all here to help make each guests stay the best it can be. Whether it be one reservation or a large group of reservations, the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud, has 18 various rooms types with 229 rooms in our beautiful hotel sure to accommodate your needs. We are so very fortunate to be located in the Downtown St. Cloud location off the banks of the mighty Mississippi River and are within walking distance to restaurants (including our Green Mill Restaurant which is on property), as well as shopping and scenic trails, parks and gardens. Again, we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as a guest and look forward to your next visit with us.
St. Cloud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Our Honeymoon at the Kelly Inn Best Western was wonderful . The room was ready and clean for us upon arrival and the staff was exceptional. Vanessa was wonderful with reservations and costumer service as we have came back to stay with them again. Would recommend to any one looking to stay at a hotel in St. Cloud, MN.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
I thank you very much for your wonderful review of the hotel and our star Front Desk Associate Vanessa! We are so truly happy that you enjoyed your stay and wish to congratulate you and your other half on your marriage. I hope that you continue to celebrate your marriage with us and allow us the opportunity to celebrate with you as well!