“Great hotel”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for couple of nights and really enjoyed the hotel and staff.
From the check in , Shayna was very pleasant and excited to see us arrive . Shayna
made us feel very welcome for our first visit to St Cloud. Great Staff !
Location was perfect for walking to everything . Shopping and bars and late night dining.
Hotel price was cheap for the quality of the room and service.
Stay Here when in St Cloud .
Minnesota NICE !

Room Tip: ask for Shayna at the desk. She is helpful ,
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
It is with many thanks for your wonderful review of our hotel – Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud, MN. I am very proud to say the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn of St. Cloud employs some of the finest Front Desk Associates which include Shayna. Each of our Front Desk Associates, Housekeeping Associates, Maintenance and Management are all here to provide all of our guests with an amazing experience. I am pleased to see you had a wonderful stay and invite you to join us again on your future travels through our lively city. All my best!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I'm a Platinum rewards cardholder so I know Best Western Hotels better than I wish I did and this is the worst in the country. They spend money on remodeling the front entrance and lobby every few years but the rooms haven't been updated in years! The WiFi is slower than an old 56k modem and the heating/cooling units are horrible. The front desk personnel are mainly rude college kids who seem to hate their jobs and don't care much about the guests either. After my last experience at the Kelly Inn I've decided to start staying anywhere but a Best Western...the so-called perks of being a Platinum Card holder are meaningless anyhow (the hotels are privately owned and if they decide they don't want to take part in the program they treat you like any other guest). I couldn't even get a late checkout or an upgrade!
A side note: the attached restaurant only does room service during very limited hours and the food is horrible!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Lifeontheroad2013
I would like to first thank you for your review of our hotel. I am truly sorry that you had a challenging experience at our facility and I would personally invite you to contact me directly to see if there is something that we can accommodate you regarding your troubles. Our wonderful Front Desk Staff is always here to better facilitate your stay and we apologize if you were not able to get a late check out on the day of your departure. We do try our very best to accommodate all guest requests based on need and availability. It is never our intention to have a guest unhappy or to not provide the best service at all times. The Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn – St. Cloud has gone through a major renovation and we are happy to say that it has included our common areas as well as some staple pieces of our guest rooms. We do take all of our guests’ feedback to heart and always try to improve based on what our guests are looking for. Regarding our major improvements to the hotel we are proud to have updated all of our common areas, hallways, lighting, seating and guest room accommodations which include mattresses, bedding, carpeting, seating, lighting and more. We strive to stay current based on our competition as well as what the market bears and we are happy to say that we have a fresh face to go with our ever changing world.
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a second time for a conference. There were three of us in a room with two queen beds and a fold out couch. The fold out couch was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. If I could trust the cleanliness of the floor I would have slept on the floor.

This is close to the downtown bars and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a comfortable night sleep on the fold out bed but I am happy that your other accommodations went well. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud, are here to ensure each guest is more than comfortable. Our Front Desk Team is always available for guest resolution and in this regard we would have been more than happy to provide you a roll away bed which may have been a better option for you. I again apologize that you did not find your sleeping accommodations satisfactory but we would hope that you give us another try in the future to provide a better satisfying experience.
Buffalo, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed in February for my husband's work event...our room was HUGE. and overlooked the river.and soooo clean. I have to say the Kelly Inn was beautiful with nice decorative accents...received ten percent off the Green Mill with the hotel key...the bed comfort was great...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
THRILLED! I am thrilled to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud. I truly thank you for your review and always enjoy seeing another satisfied guest. We appreciate your review as it is a way to keep us informed about what we are doing correct or even if there are deficiencies that need to be corrected. Our hotel associates are all committed to providing top quality customer service to all of our valued guests and we hope to see you on future travel through our beautiful city.
Lake Elmo, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Was not allowed to check in to my room until after 6pm. Reason stated was they had too many late check outs that morning and they were still cleaning rooms. When I got to finally check in - I asked if I could be compensated in some way. Not expecting a free room, but maybe a little discount since we were over 3 hours into my stay?? Nope - no one on staff to help me out. No manager at the location. AND, because I booked online - through their website I might add, I had to go to roomstay.com to get any sort of compensation. They too, were no help. Thanks for the stay - NOT. Plus, the room could not have been smaller. Have had larger rooms on a cruise ship.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so very much for your review. I do truly apologize for the delay regarding your check in. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn strive to accommodate all of our guests, whether it be a late checkout or an early check in. I am also sorry that you had some difficulty with your reservation booking through Roomstay.com which is an affiliate of Expedia.com. It is unfortunate that their representatives gave you incorrect information regarding our property. Bestwestern.com and the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn (our specific hotel property) are here to accurately deliver and exceed expectations to all of our guests. The Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud, offers 18 various room types that have the ability to accommodate all guests and their needs, whether it be the most economical to extravagant, business or leisure, one night or extended stay. The room type which was booked through Roomstay.com was one of our more economical rooms. If you are ever in town and would like to give us another try I would encourage you to contact the hotel directly and we can always offer you a room more suitable for your needs and provide you with the most accurate information needed. Again, I thank you for your stay and hope you have continued safe travels.
Buffalo, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My stay at the Best Western Plus Kelly in was enjoyable. Vanessa was extremely helpful with directions to places to eat, shop and all around attractions. The rooms were spacious & clean and roomy. The beds were comfortable so I didn't miss my sleep number bed. I am looking forward to my stay at the Kelly Inn this year,

Room Tip: Beds are big & comfortable
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your business!
Manhattan
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Kelly Inn has recently remodeled its lobby which is beautiful; however, that's the end of the experience. The rooms are outdated and have window units for heat/air conditioning. My room was freezing when I arrived and ended up being a sauna after I turned the heat unit on. The bathroom was also old and took approx. 5 minutes to warm the water for a shower. Given the price is comparable to a hotel in downtown Minneapolis, the room should be higher quality.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah K
KELLYINN24113, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
I am sorry for any inconveniences regarding your stay. If you would like to contact me to further discuss your stay please call me directly at 320-258-8425.
Best regards,