“Clean but Very Small”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Clean but Very Small”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a nice clean hotel in downtown St. Cloud close to the convention center and attached to a Green Mill restaurant (the Sunday brunch ends at 11:00). There are many other bars and restaurants within walking distance as well. The room was clean, comfortable and well furnished but was very small. There was hardly room to turn around in the bathroom. The room did have a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
We truly appreciate your wonderful review of the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud. From our leisure traveler to corporate, weddings to conventions we are sure to have something for everyone. We are fortunate to have 18 various room types which range from your single queen room to an extravagant Executive Suite. When making reservations, our Guest Services will be able to help you determine what room style and price best fits your needs. Again, thank you sincerely for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Hanover, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our Christmas was a success! For 2 nights, our family took over 5 hotel rooms poolside where we ate and enjoyed the kids both in and out of the pool! The Friday night special where we got our hotel room and an XL pizza from Green Mill was an EXCELLENT value! Morgan at the front desk was professional and very helpful!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am thrilled that you had a wonderful time with us and that you were able to take advantage of our Friday Family Fun Night Special. I invite those of you who have stayed and those who have yet to stay to give our friendly front desk associates a call and inquire about what our hotel has to offer for the Family Fun Night Special. We are very fortunate to be located in downtown St. Cloud, right off the Mississippi River, attached to the well renowned Green Mill Restaurant which has delicious menu selections. Part of our Family Fun Night Special includes a delicious pizza from the Green Mill. Come experience and taste all that the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn and Green Mill Restaurant have to offer.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Rooms were small, no comp. breakfast. Poor circulation in rooms, Its Jan and I had high cool on and it was still warm. I felt cramped. Coffee makers were a joke too. restaurant was expensive for ok food. A guest was out of control and kept us awake 1/2 the night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sincerely sorry that you did not have the best experience during your stay. It is always our hopes that each and every guest feels like this is a home away from home on their travels. I appreciate your comments as we do take the good and the bad to heart so we can continue to provide the best hospitality to all that walk through our doors.
Rochester, MN
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. Good group prices and service. Nice pool to entertain children. Clean room. Safe quiet location. Breakfast buffet Sunday morning a little meager but priced attractively ($7.50 adults, $3 children)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your review of the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn. We are very fortunate to have 18 various room types which allows us to accommodate each of our guests in just what they need while they are away from home. From all of us here we wish you continued safe and happy travels.
Olympia, Washington, United States
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed at the Kelly Inn for 4 days over Christmas 2013, at one point our group was in 4 out of the only 6 rooms rented. The staff at the hotel and in the restaurant were the best, cheerfully taking care of our every need, even over the holiday. The pool and hot tub area is very nice, and we had it to ourselves a lot of the time. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and attentive, even over the holiday. In short, everyone there went out of their way to make our stay very pleasant and comfortable. The facilities are all very clean and well kept and are being updated. I would not consider another hotel in Saint Cloud.

Room Tip: I read some reviews that said rooms facing the pool were noisy, I did not have that experience, and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you had a great holiday and that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud. It is always nice to hear what we are doing right and I will be certain to pass along the praise to those that worked over the holiday. Again, thank you for your review and we wish you a safe and happy holiday season!
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This hotel is attached to the Convention center in town. Overall, the decor of the hotel was colorful and a good look for the place. The Mississippi river is right next to hotel and downtown is only a few blocks away. I came into town to watch my son play basketball and got a very reasonable rate on a spacious single king room. Jordan, Ben, and another gentleman I forgot his name, made check in simple and were helpful on my questions for good eating places. No complaints. The beds were comfortable and had a good nights rest. All staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Perkins is 1 block away as a breakfast option
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. It is always great to see our guests enjoy their stay and I am thrilled that you did. We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Cloud along the Mighty Mississippi River as well as within walking distance to many restaurants and boutiques. For those of you who have yet to stay with us, we invite you to experience all of what the great city of St. Cloud has to offer.
Monroe, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I live in a different state from my family so I always go to their homes for holiday get together's. This year I visited the weekend before Christmas and wanted to find a hotel that I could rent a suite large enough to host about 18 or so. It came down to two options, The Holiday Inn or this property. The Holiday Inn wanted me to rent 3 rooms in order to host my whole family even though I would be the only guest staying the night. Something about only 6 visiting guests per room Not only did the Kelly Inn have a wonderful suite that could accommodate our needs but then end price was about 30% less. I needed a banquet table and 8 extra chairs and then found a need for some extra hot/cold cups. Both were provided upon request and neither staff person would accept the gratuity I tried to insist they take. What's up with that? From facilities to staff I give them a high recommendation!

Room Tip: The Sunrise Suites offer a great view overlooking the river as well as the spacious, open layout to...
Green Features: They show an awareness and sensitivity to this issue. What more can you ask?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I am thrilled to hear that you were able to celebrate your holidays with your family here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn and that you found your accomodations to be just what you were looking for. We here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn try our very best to accomodate all of our guests and truly make sure that you have the best experience while traveling. I am proud of the staff we have and will pass along the wonderful comments. Safe and continued happy travels to you and your family!