“Good Stay”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

In town to see family member at the hospital and Benjamin informed us of their medical rate. 72.00 was a deal breaker compared to all other ones I called looking for a night. Closet to the hospital in town there. Away from the traffic congestion too. Tons of parking. Good colors, years ago we remember a much different hotel.

Room Tip: Be nice, call prior to arrival. Late checkouts are in morning
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found a home away from home while visiting the St. Cloud Hospital. We are conveniently located only a few blocks away from the hospital and many other convenient businesses and local attractions. We appreciate your review of our hotel and hope to see you again on your next visit through St. Cloud.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Montgomery, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice decor, but nothing special, the amount of used to make the room look fancy could have been used to buy a more comfortable bed. Most of the staff didn't present themselves as professional as the hotel was trying to be. The Hot tub and pool is above average. WiFI while okay seemed to have issues during peek hours even being a IT Person. Room service through the attached Franchise restraunt was beyound expectations and was a pleasent suprise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am pleased to say that we have taken many of our guests reviews to heart, one of which have been the comment on bed comfort and have gone ahead and updated all of our beds in the past year for a better night sleep for each and every traveler. I'm sorry you did not find your accommodations to meet your expectations but I do hope you allow us an additional opportunity to have you back.
Crosby, MN, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The front desk staff was not very welcoming. The service at the on site restaurant was at its worst. We were at the restaurant twice and the first time the waitress was friendly but not on the ball. The second time the bartender was not very friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KELLYINN24113, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I thank you for your review of our hotel. I am genuinely sorry for the challenges you encountered and would be interested in speaking with you to see if there is anything I can do to rectify the wrongs. Please feel free to contact me directly at 320-258-8429.
Best regards,
Monica Reese - Front Office Manager
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location if you want to be downtown or close to St. Cloud State. The staff was very attentive and was great. The rooms are nice and the hotel is very well kept up. The only hit is that they really do not have good parking. They have a very small area that is covered and a little more outside. The Green Mill is attached and was excellent as always. I will definitely be visiting here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for your review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you had some difficulties with parking as we do in fact have ample parking with roughly 350 parking spots to accommodate all of our guests and conference goers. If you should ever have any difficulties with anything in the future our talented staff is here to help find a solution. Again, many thanks for your review and I hope to see you on your next visit through our wonderful city of St. Cloud, MN.
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is so unacommodating!! First of all, there is NO parking at this hotel. There was an event going on nearby, my husband went in the hotel to ask where we should park and they told him to just keep looking for a spot or check back in a couple hours. Then, I asked for late check out on Sat night for Sun morning and the girl said to call in the morning it would be no problem. I called when we woke up at 9am and the girl at the front desk told me all the late check outs were used up that I should have called at 7am! I explained that if the procedure to call at 7am had been told to me, I would have set my alarm. She would not budge. My husband then called and asked for a manager who told him the same thing. Oh and did I mention, we told the front desk that our son broke his collar bone and we had to hang around all day until 3:30 so we would appreciate an extra hour or two. The manager finally told us we could have one hour. He was very rude.

Also the housekeeper left us with a few sheets of toilet paper on the roll and did not give us an extra. We have 4 people in our room and she gave us 3 towels.

Very poor service all around!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
I would like to thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you found challenges along the way. It is always our hopes that our guests feel like our property is a home away from home. It is also our intention to accommodate as many requests as possible, however, we are not always able to do so and we appreciate the understanding most guests have when we are not able to do so. We take customer service very serious and this is why we did in fact accommodate your late departure request. After speaking to our Assistant Front Office Manager and Employee of the Year, who spoke to your husband, I am happy to hear that your husband and your family were appreciative of the extended checkout service. Again, we do appreciate your business and your review of our hotel and it is our hopes that you will allow us a future opportunity to host you and your family to impress upon you the experience of quality customer service.
BURNSVILLE
Reviewed 27 March 2014

All in all, it is a nice hotel, good service and has a nice resturant/bar on location. Very close to hte St. Cloud Convention Center. Room was comfortable, the TV service offered many choices and it has underground parking available.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

From all of us here at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn, St. Cloud, we thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay as it is always our hopes to provide the best service to all of our guests while they are traveling. We hope to see you along the way.
ogden
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am staying at this hotel for a convention and such a lovely hotel. but the best part is when i was walking into the hotel. I was stopped by the nicest employee i think his name was morgan. and i had almost stepped in dog poo on the side walk and he got that all cleaned up. such a great employee

Thank you for taking time to write us about a job well done by one of our outstanding Front Desk Associates. Morgan has been a staple at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn for the past 5 years and we are so very fortunate to have such a great example of customer service at its finest. I truly thank you for the kind words and wish you continued safe and happy travels.