“Needs some maintenance and updating”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I had planned to stay here for a hockey tournament. We checked in and the first room smelled like smoke. They gave us another room but it was gross. The wallpaper was peeling and bubbling, the carpet was buckling, the bathroom had hair all over the floor and tub, the air conditioner was dusty, the radiator in the room was twisted and rusty. Also the door was missing chunks near the lock and looked like someone had tried to break in. We promptly left and found another hotel. We aren't picky people. I stay in a hotel at least twice a month and have never left because of the condition. Even my kids thought it was gross. The lady working the front desk was nice and polite.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
stcloudqualityinn, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience at the hotel. We take all feedback seriously to improve the hotel at every opportunity. We are consistently completing renovations at the hotel and your feedback is an example as to why it is important.
We have completed many upgrades to the hotel and continue to do so. The problems you have voiced are a priority and a task in progress.
I hope you will give the hotel another opportunity during your next visit in the area. We are continually upgrading to enhance the Quality Inn.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2013

The Internet takes a long time to connect. I was not able to connect the Internet to my cell phone, just my iPad. Other than that, the hotel was very low key. The breakfast was okay. Staff were very helpful.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
stcloudqualityinn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thanks for taking the time to provide your experience at the Quality Inn. We are in the process of working with our internet service provider to improve the overall experience for our guests. I apologize for any frustration this may have caused you during your stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is our main priority and your feedback helps to improve the hospitality services we provide.

Thanks for staying at the Quality Inn and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I would like to say that the whole entire staff was very helpful as well as very nice. We stayed with my entire family AND 2 dogs and the staff was so nice to them as well. Its so hard to find hotels that allow you to bring your pets to stay and that is why we hardly stay anywhere because our pets are our family and shouldn't be left behind. The rooms were clean, the lobby was nice and organized and i loved that there is a door attached to the retaurant for easy access. They provided great continental breakfast and if we needed anything they were there to assist. The pool area was clean as well and it didn't reek that much of chlorine like other places. I would highly recommend staying here and will to family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nicoleph34

It is so great to see this review and to see that your family enjoyed your stay at the Quality Inn. The staff is devoted to providing the best hospitality and these reviews are rewarding for them to see. They work hard to accommodate to each guest for every stay which can be challenging and these reviews show how important their hard work is. Thanks for taking the time to provide your experience and we hope to see your family again soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We were in town for a basketball tourney & had waited too long to book a block of rooms. This was all that was left in town for a block of 10 rooms. We were pleasantly surprised by the looks of the place. Quality Inn's are not usually my favorite. The beds were comfy, the staff was super helpful. The place could definitely use some updating & have more amenities for $109/night. The breakfast is just one small step above a continental. We didn't have time to use the pool. Hallways were a bit loud, but turning the fan on helped with that. The best part is the Old Chicago restaurant which is right next to the hotel & has a door from the hotel lobby right into the bar. Very handy on a not so nice (weather-wise) weekend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
stcloudqualityinn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience at the Quality Inn. It is so great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The staff loves to hear that their hard work was appreciated, especially during such a busy weekend with sport tournaments.
We are consistently working on upgrading our amenities in this hotel and breakfast is one of them. I hope you consider us for your next lodging need for this area! We would love to see you again!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I traveled a distance for business and needed a place to stay that was close to the area I was traveling through; overall the hotel was very clean, my room was spacious, tastefully decorated and I had lots of room to spread out my work stuff.

Front desk staff was courteous, professional, and confident. Check in was quick & speedy without any issues. My request to be on the 1st floor was granted without any questions. Hotel is located downtown - if you are looking for something that is easy on/off the highway, this is not the hotel for you. Luggage carts were available for loading in my belongings.

Hotel has an Old Chicago restaurant directly attached to the hotel - no need to leave the building or go outside in the cold in order to get a good meal. Hotel is slightly overpriced for the quality of the room & location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
stcloudqualityinn, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience at the Quality Inn in St. Cloud. I am glad to hear that our location was perfect for your business travels. The associates at the Quality Inn work hard to provide the best hospitality service and receiving these comments are rewarding. It is great to hear that the staff was courteous, professional, and confident. Thanks again for taking the time to provide some feedback. The Old Chicago restaurant is a great amenity for this hotel and I am glad it was for your stay. I hope you choose the Quality Inn for your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I understand this wasn't a 4 star hotel so my expectations were lowered a bit when I checked in. I noticed right away that the building was dated but very clean. The front desk staff was very helpful and we were able to get a suite with a jacuuzi for a mere 10 dollars more a night so we figured why not?

The hallways and lobby are average looking and as I said before, very clean. Our room was also in that status. Clean. Now the rest of the story.

There was not wireless internet in the rooms but only on apple computer in the lobby. So as a business customer needing internet, I would not suggest this place. It does have a pool, of which I didn't partake so I cannot provide feedback on that. The continental breakfast was better than expected and the waffles were terrific!

Now with the room. The carpet was very dated and actually had huge lumps and bumps in it. It either needs to be replaced or restretched. It actually was so bad in fact that my 15 month old son who is learning to walk tripped on it a few times. This entry room of the 2 room suite had a tube tv, a sink, a fridge, a microwave, a couch, a table, and an ac unit in the wall.

The other room had a king with new linnens and a terribly old cover sheet. I would suggest getting rid of the cover and invest in something newer. The jacuuzi was very nice and worked perfectly! The wall surrounding had water damage and you could tell that the wall had been affected by water damage as wallpaper was peeling off.

The bathroom was propably the most updated room with newer looking counters, shower curtain, etc. The toilet was incredibly low and would accommodate your typical 5 year old perfectly. The shower head actually was listed as having many settings only you must be popeye to twist them. :)

Overall, the experience was pleasant and the service was great. The place needs updates throughout but they do take great pride in cleanliness and service. We paid 144 for the night and I wouldn't say I wouldn't go back. I probably would. Oh, and they are attached to Old Chicago and they deliver right to your room. Definitely recommend that.

Room Tip: If you are on business, plan to find internet elsewhere. Order delivery from the attached Old Chicag...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
stcloudqualityinn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback of you recent stay at our hotel. Our service, your satisfaction, and the hotel's cleanliness is our top priority so we appreciate you taking the time to provide your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear your child ended up triping on our carpeting. We are in the process of restretching all our guest rooms in need of repair and apologize for your experience during this time. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our jacuzzi!

The hotel does provide free secured wireless internet and apologize that you were not provided with the username and password to enjoy this hotel amenity.

We hope you choose the Quality Inn again for your future hotel needs in the St. Cloud area.

Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

very comfortable rooms, soft pillows and the food in the restaurant attached to the hotel was excellent. Two thumps up! Old Chicago.
I would definitely stay here again . Just wish it wasn't so cold.

I enjoyed the trip though.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank JBrowoo7
stcloudqualityinn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback with your stay at our hotel. Our number one priority is to provide our guests with great hospitality and we are pleased your stay was comfortable. We too love the food at Old Chicago and are pleased when our guests are satisfied with this convenience of the restaurant and bar being attached to the hotel. This allows are guests to stay warm during the cold winter months and cool during the hot summer months.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again real soon. Have a great holiday season!