“Nice Hotel, priced high for what you get”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hotel room had new décor, fridge didn't work that well in the room. Bathroom is on the smaller side. Not much help with finding your room, or information to find where you were going. Seemed to be a party central more then anything. Lots of partys going on with doors being left wide open and people stumbling out into the hallway. Wasn't that quite at night time. Grounds were completely covered in litter in the morning. When we arrived at night they were in the same condition. Was a little surprised that a hotel of this caliber doesn't offer breakfast

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed the amenitoes and I apologize for the problems you experienced and welcome you to call me personally if you would like to further discuss your stay as we value your comments and feed back.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a fair stay that could use some upgrades and some additional cleaning. Staff is very helpful and willing to accommodate. Nice pool and area for kids and family. Downstairs also has good food, makes it nice, not to have to leave the hotel. Good central location to get to many places. Access to many places within walking distances.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed the restaurant and all the ammenities. We appreciate your comments as they help us to make a better hotel for all our guests.

Please come see us again sometime!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We picked this place even after reading a few of the most recent reviews. This place is clean and comfortable. We asked for a crib and it was brought to our room right away although it was missing its sheet that was soon fixed with a phone call. They were very fast and friendly with the shuttle service to the shopping center and picking us up when we called. Blake our driver was nice and very informative. When we returned to our room that evening we had a minor incident with our pillowcases and when we called to request new bedding, before it could even be delivered we were receiving a call from the manager on duty Andy concerned about our satisfaction and if there was anything he could do. The customer service was sooo prompt in everything that between our infant fussing and the call from Andy and the bell hop bringing our new bedding I had to call Andy back. Although I informed him of the situation I was not complaining nor did I wish to register one, he was in distant that he make things better and offered to take care of our breakfast. A voucher was sent up shortly after the call ended. The next day breakfast was great and the service was prompt and perfect. The women in the dinning hall were friendly and more than willing to help. Since we checked out before breakfast the guest service staff was more than happy to hold our luggage behind the desk. When we came out of breakfast Dan had already loaded everything for us into the shuttle and was waiting 10 minutes early. Dan was just great as well in a professional talkative manner. We did get a chance to walk around and check out what the hotel had to offer as well, it has two full size pools a hot tub and a wadding pool for little ones. Than a adult hot tub and a big arcade area as well as volleyball court and basketball court. There are multiple rooms that back up to the pool arcade area so I can how some may complain about the noise but if your family with kids always in the pool it's perfect. The activities they offer for little ones is incredible too, our only regret is that it was only for one night and it was only my little family of three. Next year this will be our stop for a few nights before and after our camping trip with a full family of 18 people. :-) we stayed in room 219 and it was super quiet, one thing I forgot to mention was no air conditioning but for this time of year it didn't matter.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your recent stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed the many ammenities our hotel had to offer. We value your comments and hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The front desk at this hotel were very rude. There were two staff members and only two guests checking in. Both the front desk staff made us the guest feel like we were an inconvenience. When asking where the room was located, eyes were rolled, then told incorrectly, had to drag bags though the conference area. We also asked a few other questions and staff was very unaccommodating. Called the motel directly the night before and had to leave a message to have them call back, they never did. Brought this up and was told "no one was called back yesterday" I feel this is unacceptable in the hotel industry,customer service should be a top priority. The room while clean, had a musty smell and the air conditioner would not work at all. We left it on for circulation, but it was loud and pointless. We tired to open window, and was only able to get a small portion open. The coffee pot in the room did not work. We have stayed at many other Holiday Inns and am surprised this meets the guidelines for the chain. We have actually stayed at this hotel before, years ago and experienced negative changes, In our opinion this is not a three star hotel by any means. We would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shelly L
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

I am so sorry about the poor experience you had at our hotel during your recent stay. The Customer Service you described certainly does not meet our standards or the Holiday Inn brands. I am also sorry your air conditioning unit was not funtioning and that your room had an odor. I am sure your experiences during your stay was uncomfortable and frustrating.

We do value your comments and feedback as it allows us to coach appropriate staff and improve the the experience at our hotel for all guests.

Please call me at the hotel if you would like to further discuss yuor stay.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have two rooms - room 606 and 301. I am writing this before I even leave the hotel. No ac in either room. We like fan noise at night when we sleep - the high/low switch only has low. Likely because the heating unit is falling apart in room 606. Definitely not kid safe. I am including photos - for this I paid $300. I would NOT recommend this place!

Pictures are worth a thousand words! Just look for yourself.

Note: at the time of this submission, I can't upload photos from my iPad. I will add them when I get to a real computer.

Room Tip: Very noisy near the kids zone.
1  Thank User146
bethadamek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry you experienced malfunctioning AC units in both your guest rooms during your stay. We appreicate your comments as they help us improve our hotel for all our valued guests.

Please feel fee to call me if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Beth Adamek

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a hockey tournament. First impression during check in was it was a pretty nice hotel but that was short lived once we walked into door #8, where our room was located, and the smell of an old, rundown hotel took over. Walls need a little paint, our bathroom door had either makeup or *something else* smeared on the door:-/ There was no luggage rack to put suitcase on to keep off the floor and the smell of cigarette smoke was everywhere.

I was also aware it was more for the "Sports Team" type as it was filled with 100's of kids, I didn't realize it was so out of date and run down. We payed over $150 a night for a "poolside" room (Room 160), and came to find out the room was also right next door to there laundry facility that had dirty laundry in hampers in the hallway The. Whole. Weekend. It wasn't just 1 laundry room...it was the whole end of the hallway! Also if you are looking for a comfy nights sleep....this is not the hotel to choose!! The bed was HORRIBLE!! I don't think I've slept in a bed so rock hard and paid over $100 for that room, EVER! I could've slept on the floor and got better sleep if I wasn't afraid of something crawling on me. The restaurant was so, so. Price was decent and the kids ate free with a paid adult but not a large variety of food to pick from and we waited OVER an hour for our food. The extra $$ you pay to stay here because of the 5 pools (A.K.A- 2 Pools, 1 kiddie pool, 2 hot tubs), basketball court and kid activities wasn't worth it at all in my books. You're lucky if you get a basketball court or a pool where you didn't feel like you were in the middle of a Dodgeball Tournament with balls flying from every direction. I'll definitely be paying a little extra or a little less to have 1 pool, comfy bed and continental breakfast than staying here again.

But if you are the sports type where you feel comfortable letting your child run like a maniac, unattended and you rely on strangers to supervise while they are playing the in the pool this hotel is for YOU, you'll fit right in!! Just pray someone is supervising so your child doesn't drown during dodgeball.

Room Tip: Room 160 is right next door to laundry facility portion of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gavemmom
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

We are sorry you you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

We appreicate your valuable feed back as it enables us to make improvements on our property so all our guests can enjoy their stay.

If you wish to further discuss your stay, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Beth A.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn on our way to our final vacation destination. It is a nice hotel. Has the Holiday Inn feel to it. We stayed in a poolside room with 2 double beds. Really enjoyed the poolside experience just walking out our door to go swimming. If you are not interested in swimming I would stay away from those rooms as the noise might be a little annoying. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and I would recommend you stay there if you are in the area. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

We ares so happy you had a good experience and enjoyed all the hotel had to offer. We strive to provide the best customer service possible and appreciate that is what you experienced.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again when you are in the area.