“Good place for families with older kids”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This is a good place for grade school and teenage kids as there are alot of activities for them such as indoor volleyball, basketball, mutliple swimming pools, kids crafts/games, fitness room etc. However, do not go here if without kids because it will drive you crazy with all the comotion and noise. They do need to do a better job of cleaning the rooms. We had a poolside room which was fun for entertaining.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
StCloudHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

I'm glad that you enjoyed our many facilities that we have for families and children. We hope that you will join us again for another fun stay.

Corey McIntire
Assistant Guest Services Manager
St. Cloud Holiday Inn & Suites
320-253-9000

Reviewed 26 February 2010

This hotel was terrible! The rooms are old, the layout is a mess. Our first room overlooked the dumpy atrium area with a pool and jacuzzi. I dont see why anyone would find this appealing. Even the highway/strip mall view would be better! The internet went out on us two nights in a row. They were slow to fix this and nobody seemed to be trained on how to handle this, there was no real technical support. They screwed up our billing, and while getting that fixed other people came up with the same problem. This place is garbage! Why would anyone stay here? There is a Hampton Inn up the street that I'm sure is a million times better, and there is also a Holiday Inn Express somewhere in St. Cloud. I'd give them a try first!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank jason9945

We are sorry your stay was was not our best service. We would like you to know that we have upgraded our internet to provide faster speeds for our guests. Thank you for you feedback, we are provided with opportunities to make changes to better serve our guests.

Corey McIntire
Assistant Guest Services Manager
St. Cloud Holiday Inn & Suites
320-253-9000

Reviewed 15 October 2009

My daughter and I make trips up here regularly for a girls weekend. She can swim and play video games while I relax, we can work out, there are lots of activities we both enjoy!

Stayed: August 2009

I'm glad that you and your daughter enjoy coming to our hotel for girl's weekend. I hope that you and your daughter continue to have fun with our pool areas and arcades and join us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

My husband, grandson and I stayed overnight on a weekened just to enjoy what I thought was a waterpark. It isnt but there are 3 large pools in different areaas of the hotel so regardless of where you are staying you will be near one. We had a regular room that was quite large and overlooked the game room/basketball/volleyball courts. It was noisy on the balcony but not in our room. The food and hotel were reasonably priced and the pools were fun and I would stay here again if I could get it for the same price of <$100/night

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank ChickWithAStamp
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My daughter's 11 birthday we decided to get a suite and take a few of her friends to this hotel so they could take advantage of the pools, the pingpong tables, the basketball, volleball, etc.
She was thrilled at the idea and so were her friends! About a week before we were to go a very apologetic hotel manager called to let me know that the atrium where the basketball courts/volleyball courts were located was going to be in use while we were there due to a police convention (no pools or arcades were affected). Talk about horrible timing! My daughter of course was in tears. I was upset of course.
This hotel actually offered to bus my daughter and her friends to the YMCA so they could play basketball and volleyball and also spring for pizzas! I assured them, that although the girls were disappointed and that at first I was upset, that really this was our problem not theirs and that there was no need for them to go to any length to help as there was plenty of entertainment for the girls and we could go bowling instead. I was quite happy with the pools, arcades, and wasn't worried at all any longer.
When we arrived at the hotel, the manager came out with a gift basket for all of the girls with little toys an candy and a happy birthday basket for my daughter with trinkets to play with in the room. I had never been treated with such grace for such a minor inconvenience. They really went out of there way to make sure that even though my girl had a disappointment on her birthday- she ended up also having a fabulous birthday.
What a great hotel and great hotel staff. I'd recommend this place to anyone and go there again and again.
The restaurant also had great food and was reasonably priced. I saw multiple conferences going going on while we were there- including the police conference and a deaf and hard of hearing conference. The ballrooms looked to be in good shape and adequate for such events.
The suite was wonderful- very clean, a good kitchen, fully stocked with dishes, large clean bathroom, big couch that folded to a bed (my husband and I go that and the girls got the bedroom), bedroom had 2 queen sized beds that the girls were happy with (4 10 and 11 year old girls), a vanity and sink, dresser and TV, main living area had the large bed/couch, an easy chair, table, TV, the kitchen, and an eating area with four stools. Very nice and comfortable!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MNHighlighter
Reviewed 27 February 2009

My husband and I along with my sister, brother and thier spouses rented three suites at this hotel at a cost of $212 with tax per suite. The stay was alright in the begining but when my sister needed to use her lap top we found that the ether net cable was missing from the wall (their wi-fi doesn't reach the whole hotel, just parts) and when we called the front desk there was none they could bring us. Couldn't they take one from a empty room...no my sister had to go downstairs and walk around until she found a spot with wi-fi to do her work. Irritating but not letting it ruin our time we decided to go to their lounge and have a drink. We arrived about a half hour before close and ordered a round of drinks. Good band, having fun and the waitress asks if we would like last call. We decide to have one more drink before retiring for the evening and just as the waitress brings them the security tells us it is time to go. I can not "slam" the drink as he so eloquently told me to do. He then came over 1 minute later again telling me to "slam" the drink. I pointed out that there was a whole table of people right next to us still drinking and was told they are regulars and they can stay after close and drink. Sorry but isn't the MN law that everyone must leave, not just us "out of towners". Also, don't serve last call and then tell us we need to slam the drinks the waitress is still taking off her tray! Needless to say we will never stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stellastravels
Reviewed 2 January 2008

We booked 6 rooms at this hotel in April 2007 for a December 2007 stay. All were in one name to keep the rooms together. Well of course that didn't happen.

Hotel is WONDERFUL for kids. On the weekends they have activities scheduled every hour basically. With that and the kiddie pool, two other pools, climbing tubes, volleyball, basketball and ping pong, there was something for my 9 year old and 2 year old.

Beds were SO uncomfortable in every one of the 6 rooms. No one slept.

Kidzone rooms were nice to have to run in and out but the pool and activities run until 1130PM and it was SO noisy. You may have just as well laid out in the middle of the common space to try to sleep. Not good.

The bar had fantastic food at reasonable prices and the kids eat free so it saves going out.

They do NOT have 5 pools. They have to regular pools (one 3-5' deep, one 3-8' deep) two hottubs and one wading pool.

It is NOT newly renovated. Its ok. Dirty I thought. Rooms were nice. Bedding might have been new - not as new as the pictures though.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family