“Great for the Cheap”

Travelodge Motel of St Cloud
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed 14 August 2013

For $50 per night I would rate this a 4. I arrived late, 11:00PM. The staff was helpful and friendly. My room was small but only had one double bed. I was by myself so there was plenty of room. Yes, the place was a little dated but my room was clean. The service staff gave me some rags to clean my motorcycle. The location was good although there was construction on the street. I would stay there again. The only complaint I have is at 4:30 AM there were a small group of people standing outside near my window talking. I would not say loud but too close to my room. I assume they were workers waiting to go to their job site. I should have complained but I set my alarm for 0500.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Tricia G, General Manager at Travelodge Motel of St Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear about the noise so early in the morning. We have rooms that are located on our 2nd floor, backside of the building that are very very quiet. Perhaps you would like to try out that option, we can honor the single rate for the night, just mention you are a single traveler and that you'd like a room in the "cubby", this is what our employee's call this area. It's secluded and we rent it last. You'll love it. We can set you up for a quiet, peaceful night. Please call us directly at 320.253.3338, ask for Holly or Trish. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Reviewed 27 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Tricia G, General Manager at Travelodge Motel of St Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The staff was very nice. Appreciated getting into room a little early. No iron/ironing board in the room, but fortunately did not need one.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for the review, we are getting additional irons and ironing boards for our guests. We keep a supply on hand, apparently we need more =) Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Every comment is appreciated and helps grow our business. Thanks for staying with us, please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

After reading recent reviews here on Trip Advisor, I booked this for a 2 night stay. I was meeting my fiance who was riding from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic and this was the midway point. Close enough from the St Paul airport and Albany MN, where I picked him up. The hotel was clean the bed was comfortable and he was able to get all of his gear in the room. The lobby was clean the continental breakfast was a plus. No refrigerator, but we but ice in a bucket to keep drinks cold. The bathroom was clean enough as well and the wifi free. Just on the outskirts of St. Cloud but we went back to Albany and the Lake Wobegon Trail which was lovely.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tricia G, General Manager at Travelodge Motel of St Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you're back in town, stop in, we're a great half way point =) thanks again for the review, reviews take time out of someone's day, and it's always great to hear our customers feedback. We appreciate the business and thank you so much for choosing Travelodge as your half way point. Take care.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

After reading reviews we set our expectations pretty low and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The areas we saw seemed recently (within a year?) updated. The lobby was clean, tidy and dare I saw inviting? The gal at reception greeted us promptly, was attentive and articulate. She pointed things out and gave us details without us having to ask.

Our room 126, had new carpet, paint and tile. The sheets were better than most motels at this level and there was even a puffy mattress pad. With all the updates I was surprised they hadn't redone the shower. It kinda sticks out as dated. (There was no tub in our room.). There was a fridge and Keurig coffee maker. Extra coffee pods were available for $1 in the lobby. If you are driving through, this place is great. If you are visiting St. Cloud, then it might seem a little remote. There's not much you can walk to.

Room Tip: Room 126 is a corner room with two windows. Lots of light.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and post pictures. Wow, that's great =) We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize that there was not a bathtub in your room. Our main floor does not have bathtubs, however, the 2nd floor has a bathtub in each room. Maybe next time you stay, you could stay on our 2nd floor. Our first floor is exceptional for business travelers who need a nice, clean place to sleep. Please come back and stay with us, we'd love to see you again. Have a great day!