“Comfortable Hotel with a good location”

Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This hotel seemed fairly new. It was located not far from I-94. The hotel is set back from the hi-way. The room I stayed in had a kitchenette, desk , living area and separate bedroom and bath. I liked my room and it was quiet. The temperature of the room was good but there was no air moving. Having a fan moving the air is just a personal preference. There is an exercise room, which I used. There is an elliptical and two treadmills. The room did not have a fan so it was a little warm. There is also an indoor pool and a whirlpool. The pool is fair sized. The breakfast was well stocked and they had hard boiled eggs which is always a plus for me. It is a short drive to just about anything you want to get to. I was so pleased I am staying here again next week.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Sarah D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you staying with us again. We will also look into adding a fan in the fitness room.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I saw a 99 dollar special for a jacuzzi room at the holiday inn Express. They told us it was a smoking room. We thought "how bad can it smell? Don't they clean those rooms?" Well P.U. we are ex smokers. So we are picky..BUT the air conditioner was filthy, I was excited to use the hot tub it was dirty, with a scummy film all the way around it..I also stepped on broken glass that was on the floor beneith the hot tub. The appearance of the room itself was ok. The carpet is stained but this is a smoking room and smokers can be really careless. The bedding is nice and clean as is the bathroom. The deadbolt on the door is broken also...We usually have a nice room at the holiday inn express..but NEVER again will I stay in a smoking room.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a smoking room unless you are a smoker...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jlttks111

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We apologize that your stay was not enjoyable and i will follow up with the housekeeping staff on the issues you had. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Just returned from a two week stay at the Hotel. I had a large suite for me and and my three children. The hotel is great....good value for money...quiet.....clean.....comfy beds.....good value for money...slightly out of town though easy for the freeway...you get a free breakfast but its not a full english.....i would go again without hesitation

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were very nice and the beds were very comfortable and that is extremely important to us. The staff was very friendly and helpful to us. There is a full-service Holiday Inn close by and the food in their restaurant is very good. We would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Stayed here for 4 days. Overall good experience. Nice and clean and good rooms.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2010

As the parent of a student at SCSU I only stay at Holiday Inn Express when coming to town. It may not be right in town (only a short 5-10 minute drive to campus) but it is right off the interstate which is very convenient. The place is very clean and the rooms always smell fresh. They recently updated the TV's to flatscreens which is nice. I would definately recommend this hotel for the reasons I stated and also for the price. It is less expensive than most in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Rooms where clean, beds were comfy. My only complaints were the noise from the interstate can be a little loud with the semi's, and the breakfast was a little small, especially for those not wanting sweet or carbs. Other than that, it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family