“Responsive Staff!”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Albert Lea, Minnesota
“Responsive Staff!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I don’t normally post reviews, but after my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express I felt compelled to do so. My daughter and I were in town to visit the university where she is thinking about attending college. Personally, I do not know much about the area and thought this was an important “fact finding mission” about where I was sending my only daughter. I must say it was a very pleasant experience that made me confident me that the people in the area look out for one another. My check-in went smoothly and I was even given an SCSU rate when the front desk staff inquired into the reason for my stay. Rooms were well kept and breakfast was what one would expect. When I returned from dinner at RJ I was approached by a group of very dirty individuals selling “junk” off a flat bed trailer. This did not make me feel safe at this hotel. Concerned, I informed the desk staff whom immediately took action to take care of the situation to have them removed. For this reason, I will continue to stay at the Holiday Inn Express when I visit my daughter at SCSU and I’m secure in the fact that the hotel will take action when I feel that safety is being jeopardized.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank duckhunter64
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
duckhunter64,

Thank you for writing a review regarding the encounter you had in our parking lot. I am so happy staff took immediate steps to ensure safety for all guests. We look forward to your return during your daughters college days.

Again, thank you for the review.
Kerri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Martin, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have an all staff meeting every 4 months. We have 6 of our field staff stay at this hotel. The service is great and we had an after work get together in their breakfast room. It worked great for a get together for about 25 people.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
LoriD,

I am happy to hear you received great service and the breakfast bar fit your needs. As always, let us know if we can make it better. Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor and we'll see you in four months!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at this hotel. The bed was comfortable, and the room was extremely clean. Beyond that, it wasn't that great. The furniture and decor seems VERY old. The 1 bedroom suite didn't seem much larger than a standard room (like they just added a wall in the middle). The living room area was very dark, and every lighting fixture seemed to have a different color bulb (some seemed like bug lights). Proper lighting seems like such a cheap way to make a room seem nicer...just use the normal type of bulbs that people would use in their home (not in a bug light).

Checking in took forever. They were not busy, but the front desk clerk took a very long time to check us in. It was hard getting a luggage cart, and at one point saw a hotel worker using one to haul a bucket and tools. The complimentary breakfast was a nice amenity, but I agree with other reviewers that they need to staff this with two people, and not just one. There was one woman working to refill everything, and she seemed extremely overwhelmed. At one point, something with the juice machine broke, and she was so angry and frustrated that she literally threw the piece across the counter. I felt bad that she was overwhelmed, but I was also surprised that she'd behave that way in front of guests.

Overall, I'd say this place has the potential to be a lot better if some of the employees just cared about doing their job better. We'll probably try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Sunny1941,

We are happy to hear you found your room extremely clean. We are so excited that our remodel has begun and includes the items you mentioned; new furnishings, carpet, wall treatments, lighting and a new breakfast bar/lounge area. We will have a completely new look when it is completed!

However, I am very disappointed in the way the breakfast bar staff dealt with the juice machine problem, please accept my sincerest apology. I would encourage you to stay with us the next time your in town so we may show you we truely care about our guests stay.

Denver
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My family and I spent a night here while vacationing in the St. Cloud area. The front desk crew were friendly & very accomodating. The room was clean and comfortable which is what I expected after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. The morning breakfast buffet was hot & ready and thankfully the coffee was plentiful. The location was perfect for getting to local resturants and the the interstate for our drive to the Twin Cities the next morning. The next time I'm in St. Cloud I will stay here for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Tom L,

I am glad to hear we lived up to the reviews for cleanliness, friendliness and being accomodating! We believe our location is perfect, easy to access and close enough to central St Cloud. Thank you for making our hotel your location of choice.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Arrived at 10:30 PM. The room was ready, clean, and very comfortable. The hotel is very easy to find from the interstate.The front desk clerk was very friendly at check in. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well after a long day of traveling. Simply what we needed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
AdamM,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable. We look forward to your next stay!

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Wonderful typical Holiday Inn express. Although it is not far from St. Cloud, road construction slows things down. We were put in a room with a view of a wall. Unfortunately the -wifi didn't work . I went to the desk to complain and the manager emerged and told the clerk to upgrade us. Upgrade indeed! We wound up in a huge two bedroom suite. The wifi worked well. Crunch not the most comfortable, no real view but still a great value. Breakfast was nice but busy.

Room Tip: If Internet is important make sue you call the property directly so you won't end up in a "...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Patricia S,

I am pleased we were able to accomodate your needs during your stay. We do expect the road construction to be over soon, as it appears they are nearing the end and we couldn't be happier.

Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Fargo, ND
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The employees at this HIE are great. They're friendly, helpful, and courteous. My room was equipped with a fridge and a comfy bed. The location is great with the exception of the dreaded road contruction. My two big complaints are maybe minor to some, but not to me. I use a hotel's exercise room and I am uncomfortable when there is no hand sanitizer or anything to wipe the equipment down. That's just basic cleanliness and it's not something that should be skimped on. Also, MSNBC was not one of my TV choices. Why not? I'd sure like to see it there next time I visit your establishment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
suzb_00,

Thank you for the wonderful review on our staff. The dreaded road construction is soon to be completed and it can't come soon enough!

I am so sorry that the cleaning solution was not available for you during your stay. We will get a hand sanitizer station put in place by your next visit. As for MSNBC, I will certainly look into that.

Again, thank you so much for the review we really appreciate hearing the good and the not so good from our guests. It helps us to make it a better hotel for our guests.