Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud
Homewood
US$111
Hampton.com
US$129
Quality Inn(Saint Cloud)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$81
US$75
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn(Saint Cloud)(Great Value!)
US$118
All reviewspancake machinecinnamon rollsroom was cleana pet friendly hotelnice propertyconvenient locationpool area iscloud areawafflesparking lotpillowsstfreewayhousekeepingdryerlotion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2014

After a few minutes of surly questions while trying to make a reservation, from a desk clerk with a giant attitude... I decided there are other places to stay. I think her name was ALEX. it's the first HIE that refused to take the Priority Club number.
I would stay in a Sears tent before staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

MikeT,

I apologize your experience making a reservation was unsatisfactory. I will take steps to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please accept my sincerest apology, I have also sent a private message to you.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The location was conveniently right off expressway. A bit isolated with respect to restaurants, but not far of a drive to get to more choices.

The room was a bit more spacious than many in this brand/class, it was clean and the bed comfortable. The heater/air conditioner was whisper quiet on the low fan setting - very nice. I never heard anything from outside my room.

The front desk was efficient and courteous.

Overall, virtually everything that one could want in a hotel for comfort and good sleeping.

The breakfast bar for the one morning that I was there was a bit slow getting completely set up, which caused a problem for me because I had an early appointment. Other HI Express hotels that I have experienced generally handle this aspect better. (The young lady handling setup was inefficient, just one thing in her hand as she walked out each time - she could use more training).

My only gripe was that the breakfast room had one garbage can (that I found), at it was still full (and I mean FULL) from the previous day's breakfast.

Nevertheless, I would return.

Room Tip: If you like second floor rooms, but hate elevators, there are stairs in the lobby that make for a convenient trip to the 2nd floor without using the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

SGillinois,

Thank you so much for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Wow! "Nearly flawless in achieving brand expectation" We strive to give every guest the best expierence possible during their stay. We will continue training our breakfast attendant to meet guest expectations. Again, thank you for the review and we will see you soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have stayed at various hotels in St Cloud, this is the best one I have stayed at. Room was clean, beds comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was excellent. I will stay again if I am in St Cloud again. The only suggestion I have is for the front desk staff to have more help. Despite being short handed they never looked stressed or annoyed

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Galwaywren,

We are happy to hear this was the best hotel in St Cloud you have stayed at. Finding a very clean room, comfortable bed and an excellant breakfast. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for the review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I don’t normally post reviews, but after my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express I felt compelled to do so. My daughter and I were in town to visit the university where she is thinking about attending college. Personally, I do not know much about the area and thought this was an important “fact finding mission” about where I was sending my only daughter. I must say it was a very pleasant experience that made me confident me that the people in the area look out for one another. My check-in went smoothly and I was even given an SCSU rate when the front desk staff inquired into the reason for my stay. Rooms were well kept and breakfast was what one would expect. When I returned from dinner at RJ I was approached by a group of very dirty individuals selling “junk” off a flat bed trailer. This did not make me feel safe at this hotel. Concerned, I informed the desk staff whom immediately took action to take care of the situation to have them removed. For this reason, I will continue to stay at the Holiday Inn Express when I visit my daughter at SCSU and I’m secure in the fact that the hotel will take action when I feel that safety is being jeopardized.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank duckhunter64
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

duckhunter64,

Thank you for writing a review regarding the encounter you had in our parking lot. I am so happy staff took immediate steps to ensure safety for all guests. We look forward to your return during your daughters college days.

Again, thank you for the review.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have an all staff meeting every 4 months. We have 6 of our field staff stay at this hotel. The service is great and we had an after work get together in their breakfast room. It worked great for a get together for about 25 people.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

LoriD,

I am happy to hear you received great service and the breakfast bar fit your needs. As always, let us know if we can make it better. Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor and we'll see you in four months!