“Very nice Hotel!”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Very nice Hotel!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice Hotel. Close to highway 94. Very clean and a courteous staff. Great pool area. Family friendly place to stay! Stayed there for a hockey tournament and it worked out great. They also allow pets. I would stay there again if in St. Cloud, Minnesota.

• Stayed May 2014
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
WMJ2000,

We are very pleased you found the hotel to be "very clean" and the "staff courteous". We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next tournament.

Thank you for your review!
Kerri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a 3 night business trip to St. Cloud. Clean room, comfy bed, mini fridge, free WiFi, hot breakfast with eggs and all. Right off interstate 94, easy access to the center of town. Room was quiet but it was midweek. The only things keeping me from 5 stars are so minimal, not deal-breakers in the least: 1) the heater/ac unit ran constantly whether on cool or heat but the temp of the room was fine so I just turned it off, and 2) the toilet paper holders were so tight that you could only pull a square at a time off the roll. All in all a pleasant stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you mrswiig! We appreciate the feedback. We are happy to know that you found our rooms clean and comfy. We will certainly work on the newly installed toilet paper holders.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Oakwood (Montgomery County), Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Having recently joined IHG, the owners of HI Express, I've been loving these excellent hotels. After driving 450 miles in a U-Haul truck, I was really looking forward to the hot tub. Right after I settled into the hot water, several young kids got in, too. I found the rules on the wall that stated "absolutely no children under 16." I mentioned the kids to the desk clerk (Megan) who came in a whispered something to them, but they didn't get out. I ended my relaxation session early and got out. I asked Megan about it on my way out, and she said she told them not to splash but had never read the rules and was under the impression that that could be in if they behaved well. Otherwise, my stay was fine. Since I was towing my car, I had to walk to a restaurant, which was a choice between McDonald's and Subway! Breakfast was okay.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
tromba61,

I am so sorry your were not able to finish relaxing in the spa. I will take this opportunity to coach staff regarding the spa rules so they can appropriately address our guests in the future.

Again, I am so sorry for the disruption during your spa time.
West Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great, spacious rooms recently updated. Comfortable beds. Reasonable vending machine prices. Continental breakfast was good and had a nice selection. Some quick dining options within walking distance. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ang_D_123
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Ang_D_123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased you found our hotel "great" and you would definitely stay again. We look forward to your next stay!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here two nights with a group of scrapbookers - we had a suite with 5 people, using the main area in the suite to work on our projects. We had excellent service from the housekeeper and the front desk staff (Garrett was awesome!), and we stuffed ourselves silly on the breakfast in the mornings.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
I am excited to hear you received "excellent" service during your stay and enjoyed the breakfast bar. Garrett will be thrilled you remembered him. We will see you and your group for the next scrap booking get together!

Thanks for the review,
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 19 March 2014

was a great hotel, large room accessible with king bed, and roll-in shower,

The bed was very comfortable with pillows options, they have a great express start breakfast with good eats from scrambled eggs to waffles, pancakes(Rubbery)

Did not use but there was a lift to get in pool, very friendly staff

The are starting to re model but not did not effect us

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Wayners_11,

Thank you so much we appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy you found our staff to be friendly as well as a great hotel. Next time I hope you are able to try the lift, other guests who have used it really enjoyed their time in the pool. We are so glad the remodel did not affect your stay.

Again, thank you!
Grand Forks
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have limited mobility and my wife must use a walker following major surgery at Mayo. We had to stop in St Cloud because of her condition and the weather. On check in we used a cart to move our stuff and medical items to our room. A couple of hours before check out, I went to the desk and asked about a cart to move our items (none were visible). The man behind the desk was quite annoyed at my question and I could not make out his reply. When we got ready to leave, still no carts, so I started dragging, on the floor our suit cases and medical supplies past the front desk to our car. What annoyed me the most that I made at least 6 trips through the lobby dragging the stuff on the floor, right past four uniformed employees that did not offer to help! PAX on St Cloud, MN Holiday Inn Express and their staff!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tommy212
Kerri B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Cloud, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Tommy212,

I sincerely apologize for the service you did not receive. This is not typical service we give to our guests. I have sent a personal meesage to you in hopes of a respone. I will most certainly talk with the staff to see it won't happen to another guest. Again, I apologize and hope you would try us again in the future.