I stay in hotels frequently: 150+ nights per year. While I appreciate good service, something extraordinary happened at this hotel. A hotel that can think about what guests want to this degree is somewhere I can recommend without hesitation, and will stay at again when in St. Cloud.
When I arrived at this hotel, the car thermometer indicated the outside temperature was -8. The next morning, I went down for breakfast, but walked outside first to feel the cold. My rental car was parked just outside the door, and I noticed there was snow and ice that would have to be dealt with when I was ready to leave.
An hour later, I got downstairs dressed, with luggage and ready to freeze while scraping the car. Get a load of this: The hotel had scraped all the windows on all the cars on the lot! In sub-zero temps. Every car. I now know the general manager herself who performed this appreciated task.
This may have been the single greatest customer service move I've seen at any Marriott property. This blew me away.
And her example sets the tone for the property. When I checked in, there was a problem with the TV remote that the sole person on duty worked diligently to fix. He even called someone when he couldn't figure it out, and a working remote appeared in no time. The hotel is spotlessly clean. A note at the front desk indicated the carpet in the rooms was going to be cleaned later in the week, and apologized for any inconvenience. Seeing that, I expected the carpet to be dirty. It was perfectly clean. Unlike some other properties, they were being proactive: cleaning the carpets before they were noticeably filthy.
The lowdown: This is a very good, basic Fairfield Inn. Everything is in working order, the linens are fresh, the bathroom was clean, the pool looked well tended, the breakfast was pretty standard, etc. This hotel meets and exceeds what one would expect from a Fairfield Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fantastic Marriott hotel offers all of the features you need to help you enjoy your stay such such as an on-site fitness center, business center, guest laundry and 24-hour Market. Located near Crossroads Mall and minutes from St Cloud State University, all of the rooms at Fairfield Inn & Suites St Cloud come with free WiFi access, premium cable and complimentary toiletries. Guests love to relax in our spa and our indoor heated pool is fun for the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud Hotel Saint Cloud
- Fairfield Inn And Suites St. Cloud
- Fairfield Saint Cloud
- Fairfield Inn Saint Cloud
- Saint Cloud Fairfield Inn