“The Single Most Awesome Customer Service Wow Happened at This Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stay in hotels frequently: 150+ nights per year. While I appreciate good service, something extraordinary happened at this hotel. A hotel that can think about what guests want to this degree is somewhere I can recommend without hesitation, and will stay at again when in St. Cloud.

When I arrived at this hotel, the car thermometer indicated the outside temperature was -8. The next morning, I went down for breakfast, but walked outside first to feel the cold. My rental car was parked just outside the door, and I noticed there was snow and ice that would have to be dealt with when I was ready to leave.

An hour later, I got downstairs dressed, with luggage and ready to freeze while scraping the car. Get a load of this: The hotel had scraped all the windows on all the cars on the lot! In sub-zero temps. Every car. I now know the general manager herself who performed this appreciated task.

This may have been the single greatest customer service move I've seen at any Marriott property. This blew me away.

And her example sets the tone for the property. When I checked in, there was a problem with the TV remote that the sole person on duty worked diligently to fix. He even called someone when he couldn't figure it out, and a working remote appeared in no time. The hotel is spotlessly clean. A note at the front desk indicated the carpet in the rooms was going to be cleaned later in the week, and apologized for any inconvenience. Seeing that, I expected the carpet to be dirty. It was perfectly clean. Unlike some other properties, they were being proactive: cleaning the carpets before they were noticeably filthy.

The lowdown: This is a very good, basic Fairfield Inn. Everything is in working order, the linens are fresh, the bathroom was clean, the pool looked well tended, the breakfast was pretty standard, etc. This hotel meets and exceeds what one would expect from a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CJKatl
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear CJKatl,
Thank you so very much for your kind review. I'm happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations, and make your day a little brighter. Please come back and see us soon at the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud.

Kind thanks,
Laura W.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one night first week of december 2013. East check in and check out. Rooms are nice and warm and great water pressure. About 5 - 10 driving minutes to restaurants. Toy'R'us right in front. This is really the only bigger chain hotel in the area. I appreciated the note welcoming me to as a silver elite member. Wifi was working great. What made me really give it five stars was that I had a late meeting the day of check out and they allowed me to check out late. I would definitely stay next time i am in town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Is located right by the mall. Upon arriving was checked in quickly. I had sent a request with my reservation which they they went out of their way to accommodate me. Our room was nice & clean & comfortable. I couldn't find a thing wrong with it. Our room was right by the pool & we couldn't hear a thing.

The one thing that could use improvement is the breakfast. The gal that was working it could have used better organizational skills. She was obsessed with filling up the small cooler with yogurt & milk instead of making sure there was bread for toasting etc.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Good location for the Inn. The staff was friendly & helpful. Clean, comfortable & nice size rooms. Breakfast & coffee was OK. The breakfast needs some updating with freshness to the eggs & the coffee could be stronger & more flavorful. Good Price for the quick stay

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a fast efficient check in and a nice surprise to be upgraded to a Executive King Suite. The suite was very clean, spacious, well appointed and the bathroom well maintained and supplied with the usual amenities. King bed was very comfortable and the A/C was very quiet!!
The breakfast area was very clean and well stocked with the usual breakfast items. Plenty to chose from. Only complaint was the scrambled eggs were dry.
The new renovations look great when you enter the lobby and then extend to the rest of the hotel, it shows they care about their guests!
The staff at the Fairfield Inn St cloud are excellent.
Thank you Tiffany for the nice welcome when we checked in and the help with our room request.
Thank you Autumn and Punky for the great conversation and keeping the breakfast area clean and inviting and a quick and easy check out.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter away from Hwy 23.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear MYvert,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud. We where happy to read your comments and love to hear when our guests are having a comfortable stay. Thank you for recognizing some of our employees individually. I know that they love to hear when they are making an impression on our guests. We do apologize for the dry scrambled eggs. We appreciate and will use your feedback to address the issue. We look forward to your next visit!

Spencer A. Oellien
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I typically like to stay at a Courtyard or Residence Inn but St. Cloud does not offer those Marriott products. I chose to stay at the Fairfield Inn and it is by far and away the nicest Fairfield Inn & Suites I have stayed at. They must have don't a full renovation not to long ago. The rooms were nice, the lobby was nice. I have to say the best thing about the stay was the warm pool. All to often when traveling with my kids the pools are so cold that it is so uncomfortable to be in the water. This was not the case and the kids and I swam much longer than we typically have. I will be back the next time in St. Cloud.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for your kind words Barry. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our maintenance engineer works very hard to keep the pool at a comfortable temp level and to make sure that it is operating correctly. It has actually been 3 years since the remodel and we are very happy with the outcome. We can’t wait to have you back!

Deborah F.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We checked in this evening and walked over to a place for supper. Our check in was quick and very friendly front desk person on duty. Room was very comfortable on the first floor. Bed was very good. Breakfast was so so from what we saw, so we went to a restaurant instead. Checkout person again, was very friendly and accommodating. Good value for the price.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
SaintCloudFFS_GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We welcome all customer feedback and use it to our advantage, as we always are looking to improve. Thank you for the kind comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

Spencer A. Oellien