“Nice room, nice staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint James
Mountain Home
“Nice room, nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Room was large and clean w/ fridge, microwave, coffee in room. Very comfortable bed. Price was a bit more than I usually pay with a senior discount in a small Midwest town. Nice breakfast with waffles, but all the yogurt was artificially sweetened, which I can't eat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Angela R, General Manager at Super 8 St. James, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you Anna for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Your feed back is appreciated. We are so happy that you found the room to have all the amenities you needed. If you are ever in the St. James area we invite you back to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were here to visit family in Mt. Lake, we choose to stay at this hotel because it was close to where we needed to be. We checked in about 9 pm last night. The girl at the front desk was not very friendly, when we walked in there was no hi how are you greeting, it was a "I will be right with you". I also noticed that the housekeeping was not as friendly either. I walked past them several times this morning and I didn't even get a good morning. I work at a hotel and I know that I still say hi to anyone that walks into the hotel or if I pass them in the hall way. I felt like the money I spent was not well appreciated. The room was clean, however there was a small hole in the wall in the bathroom. I know that I wouldn't stay at this hotel if it was not for me having to go to see my family. This morning upon check out, the girl at the front desk seemed like I was bothering her to check out and get my receipt for the stay. There was a loud thud above the room several times in the night, but didn't want to complain because I already thought that I was inconveniencing someone. I know next time to get a second floor room. The beds where hard and didn't get much sleep either.

Room Tip: As for a second floor room if you can handle the stairs.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Becky, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback about your stay with us. Our team makes every effort to ensure that each one of our guests has the most extraordinary stay possible. I am sorry to hear that we miss the mark during your visit with us. Guest should never feel that that are inconveniencing anyone. I am so sorry you felt this way during your stay. I invite you back to stay with us again so we can make you next stay extraordinary.
Longmont, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were attending a wedding in Mountain Lake, MN, and this hotel was one selected by the bride and groom for their guests to stay at. Super 8's prices are reasonable to begin with, and I found an even better deal online and paid in advance for three rooms (myself & hubby, daughter & hubby, and nephew). My father & his wife, my two siblings & their spouses all stayed here as well for a total of 6 rooms. The first night, after the rehearsal dinner, some of our family was still arriving and we wanted to hang out together. The women walked over to a Pizza Hut across the parking lot while the guys went into the breakfast room where there was a TV so they could watch some sports. By the time, we got back with the pizza, the front desk clerk had told the guys that they could not be in the breakfast room - state law - so they moved out to the small lobby area so that we had a place for all of us (11) to be together. That employee was just a tad grumpy, I think. The next night, after the wedding, again we were all hanging out and went into the breakfast room so we had tables to sit at and to play cards at. The staff person on duty that night told us we just had to be out of the room by midnight. She was much more accommodating. After having stayed in many hotels with breakfast rooms, I've never been told that we couldn't sit in their breakfast room before. I understand that they didn't want to have to clean tables or messes up prior to serving breakfast the next morning, but it was the only public room with a TV to watch sports on and the lobby area was teeny with not enough seating for all of us. The rooms themselves were clean although there was a funky smell coming from the water in our bathroom sink. This is a rural area so maybe the water was well water or something. Overall, having only one choice of hotel in the town, it seemed to be managed well and kept clean even though it could use some updating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Angela R, General Manager at Super 8 St. James, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us. We were glad you found our meeting room space accommodating for your group on the second night of your stay, yet we wish it would have worked out to use the meeting space for both evenings. We are happy that you found our hotel to be clean and managed well. Thank you. If you are ever in the St. James area again we invited you back to stay with us again. We look forward to serving you in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have stayed in 8 motels in the past two months and and have been I satisfied with all but one of them. This super 8 was exceptional in every way. It is obvious the owners and staff take pride in there business and take pride their guest have a pleasant , clean and comfortable stay. Congratulation to a top notch motel.

• Stayed October 2013
Angela R, General Manager at Super 8 St. James, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a kind review! It's great that you enjoyed your visit so much. Pleasant, clean, and comfortable stay — it sounds like we're really hitting all the right marks. Next time you're in town, we look forward to serving you again at our top notch hotel!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint James
BEST WESTERN PLUS New Ulm
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Madelia
Super 8 Fairmont
Super 8 Fairmont
#2 of 4 in Fairmont
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm

Been to Super 8 St. James? Share your experiences!