“Good museum”

Minnesota History Center
Ranked #7 of 127 things to do in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Owner description: An interactive museum with both permanent and changing exhibits, the Minnesota History Center hosts concerts, lectures, family days and other special events throughout the year. The building is also home to the Minnesota Historical Society library and archives, a research destination for schoolchildren, family historians and academics.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I am a museum addict and have been to many, many of them. This was a good one for the whole family. However as 2 exhibits were closed due to being reset for new ones it was less appealing for me. It was very interactive and had many opportunities to listen to the voices of those who had lived through the history of Minnesota. Also had an actor portraying an early day newspaper publisher that was very entertaining. It's a good way to spend an afternoon indoors if the weather is not so great. Also a good cafe (with a discounted price if you have paid an entrance fee).

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I visited The History Center for the first time on a saturday morning. We were surprised at how few people there were. We went through 4 or 5 different exhibits that were all intriguing. Each exhibit seemed to be well planned out to be appealing & informative to all age groups. The only area of improvement I would like to see addressed is the signage directing you to the different exhibits. It wasn't the easiest building to navigate through and it would be nice to have more thought put into this aspect of the visitors experience.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The history center is a great place to learn Minnesota history. Lots of fun activities. Great for families!

1  Thank yrluan
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This museum is rich with displays of which some were interactive. I learned about MN weather (burr), the Great Generation, Native Americans, etc. Coming from Phoenix, we learned much about history, especially NW history.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great museum. The hands-on aspect of this museum was fun even for adults. I'd go again if I was ever in Saint Paul again.