“Good Shows”

Minnesota Centennial Showboat
Ranked #47 of 128 things to do in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Minnesota Centennial Showboat, docked on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi, makes old time theatre big time fun with its turn-of-the-century interior, vaudevillian entertainment, and timeless tales. Enjoy dinner or a river cruise with your show to enhance this extraordinary theatre experience. Come relive the whimsical times of long ago on the Showboat.
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Pick a show you will enjoy and head down to see it on the showboat. The troupes that perform always do a solid, entertaining job!

Reviewed 24 December 2012

I loved the show that we attended, but the concession service was poor, we arrived early and was greeted very nicely and told there was plenty of popcorn, we went to our seats put our things down went to the concession stand and ordered popcorn only to be told they were out of popcorn but they had chips and alcohol. I don't eat chips and I don't drink, I was looking forward to having popcorn. It's like going to the movie theater and them telling you they ran out of popcorn and food. I don't believe I'll attend an event here and if I do I'll bring my own popcorn!!!!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Always wondered what this boat and playhouse were all about. I had the best experience here. Sweeney Todd was the play and the acting was exceptional. It is not an luxuriously outfitted theater, but a fun and appealing place to take in a play and have some fun with friends. Highly entertaining....and you are on the river. That doesn't happen everyday!

Reviewed 4 August 2012

What a great experience. Signed up for this last minute as optional entertainment for the conference I was attending. So glad I did! The food was great and there was plenty. Roast, potatoes, green beans, salad, rolls and cheese cake. Everything was delicious. But the best part was the show. We got to see "The Vampire". The actors were great and hilarious and I laughed the whole time. Their songs were so funny. It was encouraged to boo and hiss at the villian while cheering and clapping for the heros. So much fun! As I was leaving the boat there was a small boy about 5 years old that raved about the show. It was really good!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is the best and so reasonable! Located on the Mississippi River, the showboat is permanently docked and its quaint theater, a replica of the former Stagecoach in Shakopee where the UofM students also performed. We leave with a good, happy feeling each time and always look forward to the famous olios and hope that Vern Sutton never retires...What a gift he is to this organization. Nothing came beat Glow Worm! We so enjoyed his excellent voice in productions years ago in Shakopee. Not many people this dedicated. The actors (and actoreens) have such fun and no matter when in the season you go,they are always fresh in their excitement. The piano players get a work out and are always so important to the feel of these marvelous melodramas. We love to hiss and boo and hooray. It is an absolute hoot!