“excell center”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
grand forks, United States
“excell center”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

don't stay here the service is horrible no one speaks English. the coursity van driver thinks he is trying out for nascar. people don't care about the hotel price is ridicoulour for the area/ just don't do it its not worth the trouble

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Having the words "best" and "plus" in this hotel's name could be considered false advertising. This property is tired and not clean. On the "plus" side, though, is the staff: very friendly and helpful. I had encounters with the front desk staff, the shuttle drivers, and house keeping staff and found everyone to be sincerely warm and inviting. The on-site restaurant/bar has a decent breakfast, and the bar makes good cocktails and serves very cold beer. This property was chosen by our company's travel arranger for a trade show event. Although less than a mile from the Saint Paul River Center, this hotel is not within walking distance as you would have to cross not one, but two interstate highways. A closer choice would be the Holiday Inn. Finally, your room choices are to overlook I-35, or a very old Sears store that has leased out its second floor to the DMV.

Milwaukee
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Cleanliness of the room was very shoddy. Family members also staying here had a nonsmoking room that someone was clearly smoking heavily in. Received some $'s off bill but could not be moved due to capacity. The later in the night pizza we had at the bar/restaurant was alright. (Not good when a frozen pizza is the best thing you can say about a hotel stay.) The breakfast was terrible, don't bother, you're better off finding a mcdonalds.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank twoandamunchkin
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My experience at this Best Western Plus Kelly Inn has been pretty good. The service I received from the staff all around has been positive, from the front desk to the ladies who came to clean the room. Breakfast is where things got tricky, but that's because they were overwhelmed with all the SEIU staff coming in and out with what looks like two waitresses.

Denver, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our stay at the Kelly Inn was awesome. The room was nice and clean, service was quick and friendly. We travel to St. Paul once a year and have always stayed there and have always had an awesome stay. Totally recommend this hotel. Great location as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I normally use Tripadvisor to search for hotels but even after staying at this one, I haven't looked it up so I honestly don't know what others are saying but this bathroom felt like it hadn't been cleaned. I have pictures of the pee stains on the toilet (NO males with me as I was on a business trip and this picture was taken upon arrival). I stayed for two nights and hoped that the bathroom would get a bit of a cleaning the morning after my first night (it didn't). The gross hair and popcorn on the floor were still there when I checked out. I honestly haven't stayed in any hotel before (even my cheap, 3rd world country hotels) where I didn't think the bathroom wasn't cleaned before my arrival.
The room itself (bathroom aside) was nice. Great desk to work at, fast internet. The remote for the TV must have had dead batteries because that didn't work.
I didn't eat in the restaurant but could smell it every time I stepped into the elevator and it wasn't pleasant (I had a migraine one morning and that about sent me over). The hotel's venting system from the restaurant must include the elevator...it smelled like the deep fryer each and every time I was in the elevator. I didn't have much interaction with staff--I didn't feel that complaining about the bathroom would have gotten me anywhere...I don't want to upset people with key access to my room while I'm working. I
drank the coffee offered in the room (coffee maker) the first day but didn't receive a second coffee packet the second day.
The city was booked due to the all star game so a different hotel was out of the question. I was right by the noisy ice maker and elevator...thank goodness for constant on fan and earplugs to sleep with!

Room Tip: Not by the noisy ice maker and elevators!