“Have loved this with my children at all ages”

Science Museum of Minnesota
Ranked #2 of 119 things to do in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Owner description: The Science Museum of Minnesota is well-known for its hands-on approach to science learning and entertainment. It features the popular Experiment Gallery, an Egyptian mummy, an authentic Mississippi River towboat, a convertible-dome Omnitheater and interactive exhibits for all ages!
Minnesota
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Have loved this with my children at all ages”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We join the Science Museum as members every year - and have since my children were little. It seems to have something for every age and we find new things every time. The musical stairs are always a hit.

I have taken a Girl Scout troop to the museum (booked as a birthday party) - excellent fun! We have done day-classes at the museum. My children have attended summer camp at the museum (Wonka Week was a blast!). I cannot say enough good things about the Science Museum.

1 Thank Alicia G

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“So much to learn!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Science Museum has something for everyone. There are exhibits for young kids and those that will impress teens and adults too. A great way to spend a rainy day or one of those really cold winter days! Convenient parking ramp is also available.

Definitely go check out the musical staircase.

Visited August 2014
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I Adore This Place”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a place I try to get to every year, (My family and I live in Minnesota). Our children love this place. It's fun, every so often they change their major exhibit. However, a lot of the same stuff remain. So once you've seen the stuff that stays all the time, it becomes a little less exciting to go. Depending on the feature exhibits its either really cool or disappointing to the adults. The kids however, always love it.

Northwood, Iowa, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun family day”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The museum was good, took our 4 kids who enjoyed it. My 5 year old enjoyed it the most I think. We had free tickets so can't say much about price as I'm not sure what it would cost us to go. We saw the dinosaur exhibit which was neat but the imax movie was not what I expected. It was basically a documentary, kids were bored pretty quick. I suggest eating elsewhere as the restaurant is expensive and took quite a while to get our food. The kids enjoyed eating on the outdoor terrace however, the sights are pretty. Overall the experience was good.

Visited July 2014
Overland Park, Kansas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Must see, must re-see, must re-see again!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stop in Minneapolis St Paul every year overnight for a yearly trip. We ALWAYS go to the Science Museum on our morning in the city.

The museum is 4 floors of interesting, hands on, wow dinosaurs, and special exhibits. Our kids have been going to 11 years! Hands down our family favorite floor is the dinosaurs -- real fossils, immense sizes, interesting never seen before's, and lots and lots of variety. !00 recommended for anyone who likes, loves, or thinks they like dinos.

The other exhibits are always interesting -- wave machine, interactive music exhibits, a tornado generator, human body exhibits, work/energy/motion, ping pong ball shoot and many many more!

The traveling exhibits are exceptional. Worthy of a visit, revisit, and revisiting again!

Highly recommended for everyone!