“Never fails”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Roseville, Minnesota
“Never fails”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've been many times, most recently about two weeks ago. It is always busy, so you should put your name on the list and take a wander over to the antique stores nearby (or sit at the bar if there's a seat there). The burgers are very good. Honestly, I have never finished a burger there feeling like "wow, that was amazing," while I have had that feeling with The Nook burgers, but they are always satisfying. The beer list here is also very good, but if you're really on top of the microbrew scene, the list can appear a little pedestrian--not as many "specials," rare seasonals or very uncommon local beers as I would like. You'll find great beers, but probably nothing new or challenging. Great fries. I like the variation in the burgers, but some of the weirder burgers aren't the most satisfying (e.g., the Thai burger seemed a little forced). The standard burgers still win for me. The space can be a little noisy. On my most recent visit, the service was fine but it took a good five minutes at the start for our waitress to acknowledge our presence and bring us water--she seemed stretched. Overall, very good, nearly excellent, but too many caveats. Still, this is a very good place that shouldn't be overlooked as an option if you're in St. Paul. Only, I wouldn't drive from out of your way just to go here.

• Visited August 2014

mn
“You have to go!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Probably one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. I got the Frenchy which was a burger version of a french dip. Wow! My son got the mushroom and swiss and he also liked it a lot but he said my was over the top. The St. Paul location is small with limited parking but if you are willing to wait a couple minutes for a seat, you won't be disappointed. I will going back for sure when I am back in the area.

• Visited August 2014
Queensbury, New York, United States
“Delicious Burgers & Great Beer Selection”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I asked a random guy in MOA which restaurants in the area he recommended. His first answer was Blue Door Pub so I headed over to see what was so good about it. Definitely was a great decision taking his advice and eating at the dive. I ordered myself a Blucy at the bar (with tots!) and it was super tasty. The staff were friendly and great to talk with. It was a good decision that I went here and did not leave hungry.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Best cheese curds EVER! The Thai burger was very unique and delicious. Best happy hour prices on beer (no liquor). Very small place - which is great, but I've heard there are long waits most of the time. We walked right in a little before 2:00 and had a late lunch but made happy hour. Win, win! This will be a must visit each time we visit MN.

Florida
“Hambuger heaven !”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were in town from Florida visiting and my sister-in-law brought us here.

The service was great, the eclectic bar food lunch menu had a lot of great choices, and the price was good.

Great feel inside with the tall ceilings and retro look.

We had the stuffed hamburgers and everyone at the table was raving about it. I had the coconut milk soaked mozzarella burger and it was outstanding.

Certainly try it out.