“great local restaurant with high quality food”
Review of Cheeky Monkey - CLOSED

Cheeky Monkey
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Cheeky Monkey is a cozy deli and bistro, located in downtown St. Paul's Cathedral Hill neighborhood. We're open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week and brunch on both Saturday and Sunday. Cheeky Monkey is all about comfort food: brioche French toast and eggs benedict for brunch and gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads during lunch. At night, Cheeky Monkey transforms into a quaint bistro with offerings such as meatloaf, mac and cheese, steak, salmon, pork and chicken prepared fresh by our chef, often with locally sourced ingredients. We also feature a great beer and wine list. Ask about our great Gluten Free options as well.
Minnesota
“great local restaurant with high quality food”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have eaten at the Cheeky Monkey mulitple times and have always had a great experience. Last evening was one of the best. The menu choices included many typical standards. When they arrived at the table they had modern updates and included high quality ingredients. We enjoyed the shrimp and chorizo tacos, ham and brie sandwich, wedge salad, cubano sandwich. The service was also excellent from our waiter Ben. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013

SF Bay Area
“A treat!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Normally, I would not rate a deli so high, but this one is different. More of a restaurant than a deli; a nicely varied menu; and a focus on healthy eating. I went twice: first, with my daughter, after my arrival from SFO. She lives close by, and is currently trying to be gluten-free, which this place offers. She had not been before. We liked it so much that three days later I took the entire family, 6 strong, for Sunday brunch. And it was a treat, for all- French toast (not as easy with gluten-free bread, but good), my vegetarian, egg-white omelet with mushrooms, and the kids' French toast with bacon, all very good. Decor is comfortable and welcoming, a bit noisy but manageable. As I say, a treat!

Visited October 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Consistently Yummy”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I live on Selby and I love the walk up to Cheeky Monkey Deli. It's in a great location and you can choose to dine inside, outside in the front or outside in the patio in the back. Whatever you choose, you will have great service and yummy food. They have a specific menu depending if you're there for brunch, lunch or dinner. I definitely recommend checking it out.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Molly N
Sydney
“Fresh, tasty, good sized sandwiches”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here during a day in St Paul. Friendly service, tasty sandwiches and very nice sweet treats too. There's a courtyard out the back for when the weather's fine, tables inside, and a few tables on the street. The red velvet cupcake and chocolate chip cookie we had were very tasty. Sandwiches were an interesting range of fillings, and a good size - not too big to finish and they didn't come with potato chips which is a plus for me.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank RALTravels
Hicksville, New York
“Reliable Service & Good Food”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The dishes were diverse and delicious and the portions were adequate but not overly-generous. The service was excellent.

Visited September 2013