“great atmosphere”
Review of Barrio Tequila Bar

Barrio Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Barrio Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 929 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wacouta
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Barrio is a great place to head in downtown St. Paul. Cool interior and good menu. We really like the small plates so you can get a sampling of lots of different stuff. The drink menu is great and the tequilas are tasty.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The fact that there were very few diners at lunch should have been a clue. Add to that the bucket placed on the floor next to our booth to catch water dripping from who knows where gave a bad first impression.

The service, however, was quite congenial if a little unpolished.

The food was not as well prepared as that at the Edina and downtown Minneapolis locations and seemed pricey for the quantity and quality.

Fortunately we were dining with good friends and had a great time despite the not so stellar restaurant.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Wow- this place was delicious. I liked the atmosphere. Staff was knowledgable and even suggested that I order in "rounds" as some people over/under order. Items come just like they are on menu- taco is singular- again, order in rounds because it is deceiving. I had salsa and chips to start- delicious. Chips are salty and crunchy and delicious. I then tried the Adobo grilled chicken taco and thought it was one of the best tacos I've ever had.

Only disappointed that I couldn't try more because I was stuffed. Will be coming back for sure before heading back home.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My girlfriend and I were visiting the area for a weekend get away. Being from a small town we wanted to try something different, the hotel recommended Barrio. Smaller portions and good prices make it easy to try multiple items on the menu (including tequila). Staff was extremely friendly and helpful to two "newbies". The food was outstanding and trying differently aged tequila was a great experience. Highly recommended for a couples night out or even a group of friends.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My colleagues and I have visited this bar a few times for our informal evening meetings as well as after a board meeting in the neighborhood.
The staff is very helpful with the menu choices and the prices are decent.
I frankly wish there were more places like this in St. Paul after hours.