“Margaritas on the Mississippi”

Padleford Riverboats
More attraction details
Owner description: The Padelford Riverboats operate out of Harriet Island near Downtown St. Paul, MN. Daily Sightseeing Cruises at Noon & 2pm. Lunch and Dinner cruises available as well. Buy Tickets Online & Save.
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We took the new Margaritas on The Mississippi cruise they offer this summer on Wednesdays and Thursdays. 2 margaritas (we had a choice of lemon or strawberry) and the taco bar came with our trip, as well as complimentary nachos and salsa to munch on while waiting for the taco bar to open (when the cruise starts).

It was a pleasant ride up and down the river all the way to Fort Snelling, but there was no narration during the ride, so you'll have to follow the scenery on your own. I'm told the narration comes with the other tours. There were very few passengers, I'm guessing we were less than 50, so we felt as if we had the cruise to ourselves. We stayed on the upstairs deck most of the time, which was open-air and very pleasant. A great way to take in nature around the river and enjoy the cold air.

Taco bar ingredients were full and the margaritas tasted great too. Staff attendants are young and personable. Go with good company on this trip. Make time too to walk around the park around the Padleford Landing and even walk across the bridge to the other side of the river. Great for photo ops and bonding time.

2  Thank im0206

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Nice and relaxing with great scenery for a summer day.

1  Thank denisek_11
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Not wanting to fight with the crowds in St. Paul, we opted to pay the $25 per person to take an evening cruise on July 4 and then watch the fireworks from the boat. This was a great decision. We avoided the majority of traffic in the downtown and were literally across the river from the fireworks.

My one complaint - and to me it is significant - is that the boat seems to have ALOT of spiders. They were congregated on the roping and the undersides of the upper decking. I'm not talking about daddy longlegs but rather huge, black spiders! I was hesitant to sit near the railing and even had a nice co-passenger knock off one of the monsters that was descending on a web toward me. I know we're supposed to be eco-friendly but this is way overboard!

If they fix the spider problem, I'd rank this attraction much higher.

1  Thank SEGeorge-BG
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We purchased tickets at half price for this trip down the Mississippi River. The boats are old--spider webs on windows--You are able to sit at tables in covered area or grab a spot in the sun if there is room. You may be sitting at a table with people you don't know. Don't pay full price--I'm pretty sure there are deals to be had all summer long. We took 2 kids age 14 and 16. Not sure they loved it but it was a little family outing so they didn't complain. Standing area in the sun was very crowded.

3  Thank padrefosho
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Ride on a river boat at the navigable head of the Mississippi and learn about the history of St. Paul nearby.