“Could have been more:(”

Padleford Riverboats
More attraction details
Owner description: The Padelford Riverboats operate out of Harriet Island near Downtown St. Paul, MN. Daily Sightseeing Cruises at Noon & 2pm. Lunch and Dinner cruises available as well. Buy Tickets Online & Save.
Bolivar, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Could have been more:(”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

The price wad good, so was the ride and view. But the tour was recorded and it could have been more: no talk about the river, life around it (new or old buildings) wildlife, current items involving river, could have gone some towards city with more talk abought it and the parks.

Visited July 2013

Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice ride”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We took the afternoon cruise this weekend-and it was ok...the cold weather aside, the cruise left the dock late and the narrative (sound system) was intermittent. There wasn't much direction given after I picked up the tickets; when/ how to board and where to sit, amenities available, etc. I don't think I would pay full price for tickets even if the weather was perfect.

Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Margaritas on the Mississippi”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We took the new Margaritas on The Mississippi cruise they offer this summer on Wednesdays and Thursdays. 2 margaritas (we had a choice of lemon or strawberry) and the taco bar came with our trip, as well as complimentary nachos and salsa to munch on while waiting for the taco bar to open (when the cruise starts).

It was a pleasant ride up and down the river all the way to Fort Snelling, but there was no narration during the ride, so you'll have to follow the scenery on your own. I'm told the narration comes with the other tours. There were very few passengers, I'm guessing we were less than 50, so we felt as if we had the cruise to ourselves. We stayed on the upstairs deck most of the time, which was open-air and very pleasant. A great way to take in nature around the river and enjoy the cold air.

Taco bar ingredients were full and the margaritas tasted great too. Staff attendants are young and personable. Go with good company on this trip. Make time too to walk around the park around the Padleford Landing and even walk across the bridge to the other side of the river. Great for photo ops and bonding time.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank im0206
Stacy, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“nice trip down the river”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Nice and relaxing with great scenery for a summer day.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank denisek_11
Bowling Green, KY
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Front Seat to July 4th Fireworks”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Not wanting to fight with the crowds in St. Paul, we opted to pay the $25 per person to take an evening cruise on July 4 and then watch the fireworks from the boat. This was a great decision. We avoided the majority of traffic in the downtown and were literally across the river from the fireworks.

My one complaint - and to me it is significant - is that the boat seems to have ALOT of spiders. They were congregated on the roping and the undersides of the upper decking. I'm not talking about daddy longlegs but rather huge, black spiders! I was hesitant to sit near the railing and even had a nice co-passenger knock off one of the monsters that was descending on a web toward me. I know we're supposed to be eco-friendly but this is way overboard!

If they fix the spider problem, I'd rank this attraction much higher.

Visited July 2012