“Don't miss this one!”

St. Paul Gangster Tour
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Saint Paul
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is a great historic tour with a lot of information! Even our 7 year old grandson enjoyed it. Because of the speaking nature of the tour, I wouldn't recommend it for children too young to be able to sit that long or potentially to cry. Great for a mixed group. There is just one stop, otherwise, depending on the traffic, it took a good 2 hours or a little more in a nice bus. John Dillinger, our guide, was fun and very knowledgeable. I knew a lot of the history before I went, but some in the group didn't know much, so I would suggest that you take the cave tour before you take the bus tour to complete the experience. The cost is very reasonable for this type of tour, in my opinion. It was a unique way to spend an afternoon with the family. There is a little coffee type shop available next door to the "Castle" (cave)

1  Thank Tracey H

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The tour takes you through the Wabasha Street Caves that were once used be Dillinger, Ma Baker and other famous gangs of the 1930's. The tour guide for the caves did and excellent job of portraying one of the ladies of the gang. This cave tour is Great.

The bus tour was guided by John Dillinger himself. The guide portrayed Dillinger. The tour told about the St' Paul Police Dept., and Baby Face Nelson, plus the rest of the early 30's gangster's that roamed the streets of early St. Paul. I can't disclose the entire tour, but it was fantastic! A great way to spend a day in St. Paul. Cost of both the caves and the bus tour are very affordable. Bring a jacket for this tour, as the caves are cool.

4  Thank lakeman1
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great tour, with a lot of St Paul hangster history that I was totally unaware of.
It is almost totally a bus tour; we made 1 stop during the 2 hours for a few minutes at Sleepy Hollow area. Our tour guide was fantastic. Had a great deal of interesting and factual information. He was also very entertaining. It was an enjoyable and historically interesting tour.
The tour bus was very comfortable and did have bathroom facilities.

2  Thank LAHLH
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a wonderful two hour bus tour. Highly recommend it. Our guide was Baby Face Nelson he was dressed in period clothing and was very knowledgeable. He is also very entertaining, he made history come alive. Did you know there is a difference between a Mobster and a Gangster. Also he teaches you the rules for St. Paul. I went with my mom in law, her sisters (my aunts in law) they are locals and I'm from out of town we all enjoyed it and learned something.

We also went on the Cave Tour which was amazing felt like stepping back in time.

2  Thank ellen s
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This 2 hour bus tour of St. Paul's gangster history was surprisingly delightful and educational. Being a history buff, I was totally mesmerized by our guide, who was the "ghost of Baby Face Nelson," talking of his gangster "friends'" activities. The guide really was fantastic; very entertaining and quite humorous. He also was an encyclopedia of information. He talked nonstop for 2 hours, engaging tour group members in his recital of St. Paul's not so saintly past. I was totally impressed with the guide's knowledge and recounting of historical facts.

Make your reservations on line. And be there 15 mins before the tour time as they have to check you in and board the bus.

The bus was a very comfy motor coach. (I believe there was a bathroom in the back of the bus.) We did get out for one short walk in a park on the east side of St. Paul; otherwise, we were in the motor coach. The bus would stop at certain spots where the guide would discuss events of the past.

I would not recommend bringing children on the tour as they would be bored and the sorted details of St. Paul's past may not be information you would want your children to hear. (Brothels, madames, bank robbings, kidnappings, killings, etc.)

You may also want to check out the cave tour that is right where you pick up the tour bus.

The cost for the 2 hour trip is $24. Also, do bring some dollar bills or a $5 or a $10 for a tip for the guide. The guy is deserving of it.

6  Thank Lynn S