“A memorable, special dining experience.”
Review of Joan's in the Park

Joan's in the Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Joan's in the Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 910 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bayard
Transit: Snelling Avenue @ Ford Parkway
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

It has been far too long since I've had a chance to come again, but I still remember every bite I had almost a year ago last time I was at Joan's. Looking forward to another visit!

1  Thank Menotis

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I have been at this restaurant three times. Unbeknownst to me on the first trip, I recognized the woman who sat us. Turns out she is Joan, and the reason she was familiar to me is because she was a maitre'd at a Morton's in downtown Minneapolis. She and her partner have since opened up this delightful restaurant in the Highland Park section of St. Paul. Every meal for every person at our tables has been excellent. The service is especially friendly and efficient.

We look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank tommys1947
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Great host in Joan, great Chef in Susan, the owners. Wait staff has been wonderful on all 4 of our visits. Food is super. We have dinned with 5 other people and all have been so impressed they have all quickly returned. The meals & wine are very enjoyable. The lobster salad(with 4 oz of lobster!) is not only wonderful, at $14 its a steal! Steaks are perfectly prepared, chicken is moist & tasty, fish is always fresh, starters are unique(loved the Chorizo stuffed demi-sec plums & Alder plank shrimp) . We will be back often.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

A small place with big flavor. I haven't ever had a steak that perfectly done. The service is outstanding and food superb. Now that the patio is open I will be going there on a nice summer evening for a good glass of wine and a delicious meal!!

1  Thank Mary P
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I swear to you I have never tasted food which both comforted and excited me to such a degree as the food at Joan's. Filet Mignon with tomato confit, summer squash and tarragon shallot butter? Sounded different so I ordered it and my brain exploded with shock and flavor. There is a cast of regulars at the bar most nights and a menu that changes just as often as you wish it would. Favorites like the Roast Chicken, Steak Tartar and Crab Cake stick around to avoid mutiny, but there is just enough change to make this a regular place in your restaurant rotation. Oh, and about that steak tartar: It is the very very best in the Twin Cities. I have had 112's, Capital Grill's etc. The Chef hand chops aged filet to order, and seasons it into bliss... just order extra crostini at the same time, you'll want it.

2  Thank Colin J