“"Think global, act local"”

Ward 6 Food & Drink
Ranked #12 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Excellent food and drink in a friendly atmosphere. We have 20 taps of Minnesota craft beer, classic and new cocktails, a surprising wine list, made from scratch food with high quality (mostly local) ingredients.
Daejeon, South Korea
“"Think global, act local"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

New favorite pub!

Great customer service, high standards, very prompt with fulfilling service.

Most outstanding feature for me was there desire to bring in and primarily serve local brews and local food. As a small business owner, I don't mind forking over the dough to pay for local fare and support my neighbors. Love thy neighbor stuff, yeh?

I had the Fatty Melt, which put me in a food coma and a couple of local beers.

Excellent and fun atmosphere - would love to watch a soccer match there sometime!

Go there now!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank johnm416

Saint Paul
“Great for lunch, too! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We visited for late lunch. No waiting, still excellent service. We had an excellent Reuben, a good beet salad, with spiced rum raisin pie for a great finish.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Yummy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Arrived at 6:00 PM for a girls dinner. The place was packed and we waited at the very packed bar. Service was friendly and after about 10 min the 6 of us were seated. Ordered the fish and chips. Was very good. Everyone at our table loved their food, would go back again!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank mommyto4blessings
Minnesota, United States
“Excellent, simply for the reuben”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is my go to place for dinner on the Eastside. The staff are all wonderful, and the drink list is better than most all other restaurants in the twin cities areas. Some insider tips:
1. If you are feeling a little adventurous (or just want something different) get the charchuterie platter. It is house made, delicious, and fun to share with others.
2. Don't be afraid to ask for samples of beers before you buy. They have a lot of different local beers you may have not had before, and they are always happy to bring you a couple of different samples. Nothing is worse than buyers regret when it comes to beer.
3. If you like reubens, GET THE REUBEN!!!
I don't want to spoil all of the fun so I'll limit this list to 3...
4. Get an adult milkshake for dessert.
OK make that 4, like other have said they don't take reservations so get there early or a little later in the evening if you don't want to wait. I hope this was helpful, Happy eating everyone!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Frank M
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Service, Awesome Bloody Mary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We came here after reading a review in the city pages and will definetely be coming back. I would rate the Bloody Mary within my top five. If you like horseradish, you'll love this one. The quiche was probably the best I've ever eaten. The crust was flakey and light, and the eggs were silky and flavorfull. Fantastic contrasting textures. I don't drink beer, but if that is your thing, they have an excellent local beer selection, and my husband was not dissapointed. I ended my meal with a saffron infused vodka cocktail. An excellent refreshing yet complex summer drink.

Also, can I just say how wonderful it is to not find a ridiculously busy brunch place? All the staff was friendly and attentive. I felt totally comfortable and relaxed, a rarity while brunching in a metropolitan area.

• Visited June 2014