“Lots of Toppings for an average Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Red's Savoy Pizza

Red's Savoy Pizza
Ranked #9 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lots of Toppings for an average Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband thinks this is the best pizza ever. Best pizza ever - maybe for some but I wasn't that impressed. I could take it or leave it.
Positives-Lots of toppings, no doubt. Variety of unique pizzas even one with sauerkraut.
Neither positive or negative - Crust is okay - I question if it isn't a precook/premade crust. The sauce is a marinara sauce base and fine. Soda/pop - is either by the can or pitcher. Beer is either 12oz or a pitcher.
Negatives - our pizza was greasy, it was dripping grease. Parking is a minus as it is very limited. Currently, there is construction in the area and that can make it a bit of a challenge to get there.

Deco - 60's deco with the red vinyl booths and not well lite. Still smells of stale cigarette smoke.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Beware New Yorkers!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

As a transplanted new Yorker I love pizza where nuances are by neighborhood. Crust/sauce/toppings youname it. Reds Savoy pizza is a hybrid of Chicago style deep dish and the typical Midwest cracker crust. Sort of a pizza hot dish on top of a thin crust. If you love toppings, this is your pizza. Not too spicy. not overly cheesy. If you are looking for new York style pizza, this is not your place. Folks around here love this pizza, but, it really isn't pizza. Very filling.

Gackle, North Dakota
“Food ok, excellent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

After seeing how highly rated Red Savoy's pizza was and how close we were we decided it was a must see. We arrived around 8:30 PM and were seated immediately. Service was fast and the waitress was excellent, however my family agreed that the pizza was just average. It might have been more of a disappointment considering how highly recommended the food was but we had a meat lovers, pepperoni, and cheese pizzas and all were over-sauced and the crust was a bit soggy (especially for a thin crust).

We wanted to love it but I would take a Davannis or Zorbaz over it any day.

Parking was also a minus. The old world decor (read 80s) didn't bother us at all and as mentioned the wait time and service were a plus as was the price but the 'za was just average. So I give it an average score. Your mileage will certainly vary.

Iowa
“Perfect meal for hungry family (and thirsty adults)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our family of 4 devoured our two pizzas. Wonderful homemade "bar" pizza (thin crust with mounds of toppings). They have parking, beer, and a very 60s/70s lounge vibe. You walk into a bar, but there is a back dining area that is behaved-kid-friendly (we brought our 12 and 10 year old kids). I don't think I would take young kids on a weekend night. Excellent service.

Visited July 2014
“Probably the Best Pizza I have Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am a native of St Paul and saw the Savoy Inn for years, but Sad to say I never ate there. I moved away and after years of coming back I finally tried it. OMG! I Love this Place and tell everyone about it. If you look at it from the outside it isn't the most attractive building, but the Food is Outstanding!!!!!! I now live in Nashville and there is No Pizza anywhere close to this. The Truth is the next time I go back to the Twin Cities this will be my first place to stop and eat! Thin Crust, Zesty Sauce Tons of Toppings and just as much Cheese Words can explain how much I love this Pizza. It isn't a $10 Chain Pizza and is worth every penny.

Can't wait to go back!