“good steak, GREAT transportation to the Xcel center”

Mancini's Char House
Ranked #14 of 902 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stopped here for a bite before going to a concert ..We found out they had a shuttle bus going from there..free parking, free bus made the price of dinner not bad at all.
I tried the sirloin ( which I usually don't get due to lack of taste) with the char-grilling it was quite tasty. My wife who's not a steak person had the chicken and it was HUGE.
I agree there are better (and more expensive steaks) but this place has way more charm. It never forgets that it's in a working class town ..you are just as welcome is a sweatshirt & Jeans as in a suit.
They also serve Cannon River wine from here in MN a nice plus.

PS our bus driver was great ... just a hoot both ways!

There are newer reviews for Mancini's Char House

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Yes, the family has some ties to the owners and the restaurant. But, that aside, the first meal there in nearly 4 years was as wonderful as ever. The service impeccable, and again made our celebration even more special. Thanks to all the Mancini family!

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Simply put, this place makes great steaks. As someone who enjoys juicy, flavorful, and tender steaks I cannot recommend this place more. Everything else we had was tasty too (lobster). The atmosphere was fun - very old school. I could easily imagine the rat pack eating here at the next booth.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a step back to your youth in a restaurant where Naugahyde is king, the drinks are strong and the steaks are excellent. Can you get a better steak in Minneapolis/St Paul? Of course you can - but the Strip will cost you $40, the sides $12 and the salad $10. You will pay half that here for a delicious cut of meat served with some style and a lot of attitude. When you are done - head into the enormous bar area and enjoy the company - it does not get better!

There is a reason they have been busy for so many years - they know how to do it right.....

2  Thank David A
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have eaten at Mancini's many times when I worked at the Ford Plant I now live South I love every time I go there I met the owner and one of the sons they really take care of you love the pickles to! and the real butter ! service was always excellent I hope to get back up there in the spring I will be there if I do .

D. Lay