“A disappointment despite the reputation alleged.”

Punch Neapolitan Pizza - Highland
Ranked #103 of 911 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have come here twice now. First in May of this year and now yesterday. The first time was not fun, we ate there, the restaurant has very uncomfortable seating and very dark gloomy decor. The pizza was scorched and soggy. This time, the pizza was no better. We order 4 different pizzas. The crust, which is usually my favorite part of pizza, was scorched black on half of the pie. The middle was wet and soggy. The topping was very delicious, but very stingy on the amount of toppings. We also ordered the kid size pizza that was supposed to be just cheeze and sauce and it was pitifully soggy, scorched and flavorless.
Will still look for another pizza place in the twin cities. Not coming back.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Punch pizza of the Twin Cities is in a way agolden standard when it comes to high-quality pizza. First, they make some of the tastiest pizzas anywhere. Trust me, I've been to Italy and I haven't had a chance to try a good pizza (in fact some of the worst pizzas I tried were in Italy). Second, they are very fast. They will make your pizza in a matter of minutes. It is very rare that you ever have to wait longer than 10 minutes for your meal. Finally, they are conveniently located on several locations in Minneapolis and St. Paul and that makes them very accessible. Bottom line, food is simple, tasty, fast, and cheap.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I rarely find myself thinking of meals I've had in restaurants, but I think of the pizza here often and fondly. It's the best pizza I've ever had, and we've introduced anyone we can to this restaurant. Personally I love the Vesuvio and Punch Salad, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of their pizzas. Neapolitan pizza is amazing, but don't expect it to look or taste like your average national chain pizza or even your regular local place. Bonus: brick ovens cook the pizza fast, so you won't have to wait long.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Wonderful gem! Pizza is outstanding, never have had anything else like it! We try to go here anytime we are in the Twin Cities. Our favorite is the buffalo mozzarella margarite pizza.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

The pizzas here are very good, but there are no other options on the menu other than a mostly lettuce salad. Not for the health-minded or gluten-free crowd.