“My birthday pick”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
“My birthday pick”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I've made a reservation here for my birthday for the last 3 years and all 4 times, the customer service was excellent as well as the food. I always have a group of 8-14 (I know, kind of rude for the rest of the restaurant buy I enjoy celebrating with all my friends) and the staff ALWAYS does a great job handling us all. There always seems to be other large groups there too. The music makes the atmosphere more social and comfortable. Thank you very much for always making my birthday memorable.

• Visited August 2012

Wagoner, OK
“Great Food to top off a busy work day”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

A party of 6 business associates visited Da Vinci's on a Tuesday evening. We were immediately seated and enjoyed great service all evening. We ordered 2 large Giglio salads to split. Without being asked, the waiter brought a separate serving without cheese to one person who couldn't eat cheese. Da Vinci's had several people that night but it didn't seem busy or rushed. We enjoyed a relaxing meal after a long busy work day. Everyone had enough food to satisfy them but enough that no one ordered dessert.

I enoyed the Salmone al Limone with a lemon juice & caper sauce which provided a balanced accent to the Norwegian salmon. The salmon was grilled the right amount to provide a firm but easy to flake portion. The asparagus was grilled without being limp and was an excellent complement to the salmon. The roasted red potatoes balanced the flavors nicely.

• Visited April 2013
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
“love the pasta bar”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Have gone here for lunch and dinner, overall good visit but was disappointed that on Valentines Day eve they only had one guy running the pasta bar the majority of the time. During the day for lunch they usually have 2 so was very surprised only one for dinner when the cost is higher? Ordered dessert chocolate lava cake, their dessert chef not too bright. It came as if right out of the fridge and with whip cream on top. Inside was like fudge pudding, no lava there. Waitress nice though, I had only taken the one bite so she took it off bill. Live music was nice.

• Visited February 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good From What I Remember”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We went here after the Beer Dabbler on 1/26. So, this review should probably be taken with a grain of salt because we may not have been in the best position to judge anything.

We arrived around 7:30 pm without a reservation. We were told we would have to wait 45 minutes, but were seated almost immediately after receiving our glasses of wine at the bar. I thought our server was very nice and patient with us. If she noticed the level of intoxication I was experiencing after sampling beer all afternoon, she pretended not to notice and treated us warmly. We order some kind of dip appetizer - it was okay but nothing special really. My meal, however, was pretty tasty. I ordered the parmesan walleye and it was fantastic. The risotto was good enough but not perfect. My husband ordered the rib eye and ranted about how great it was. My friend had some kind of shrimp dish and said it was very "pedestrian."

I do have one complaint that has nothing to do with service or the food. Their restroom is located outside the restaurant on a different level within the building. When I finally found it, you had to have a code to get in, so I had to go all the way back to the hostess stand to get it. That was really annoying since my food had arrived in the meantime - it wasn't as warm as it was when it arrived (presumably) and my husband helped himself to half of it.

Overall, I thought the place was good. There aren't a ton of options in downtown St. Paul, so I'm glad it's there and I plan to return on a better-suited night.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Trista J
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We hadn't been here for a couple of years, but "lowertown" St Paul has become more upscale and appealing in the past year or two so decided to try try it again. The atmosphere is still very charming but the food was only so -so. The artichoke dip was only lukewarm to cold and the salad was almost all lettuce. My husband was satisfied with the chicken parmagianno though.

• Visited January 2013