“My Favorite Place for Brunch”
Review of Keys Cafe

Keys Cafe
Ranked #51 of 887 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“My Favorite Place for Brunch”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I absolutely love Keys Cafe. Best omelets, pancakes, and coffee. Even strawberry rhubarb jam for toast. YUM.

• Visited April 2014

Bemidji, Minnesota
“Dirty!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was the Keys on Raymond Ave. We have not visited any of the other Keys locations.
If it wasn't for the filthy dining area I would have given this a much higher review.
We sat near the back where the silver wear and glasses are staged. Right above that location was a air vent covered in dust that had to have been there for years. This is where they fill your water glass, and scoop the fresh strawberry jelly ( that is delicious ) that dust could fall right into your glass or on your plate.
After seeing that I started to look around. Dust and grime on the walls, the floors, etc...
I tried to look into the back where the cooks are and it did look cleaner. So my take is the cooks do a good job of cleaning their stations but the front of the house is failing.
Once a week that place needs to be cleaned, it isn't that difficult, I know.
The food however was excellent and I just wish I wasn't already disgusted before my food arrived.
We will try a different Keys and hope we find a cleaner version.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Skiingcple
Pomona, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Very Good Place for breakfast or "brunch". Ate there on a Sunday am. The place was packed, but they accommodated 4 adults and 2 toddlers very well. The food was very good; the portions were very large! And they are customer friendly: One meal was ready well before all the others, so when the bill came the deducted some "extras" and also took money off the bill. We never asked them to do anything. As an aside: the pancakes are the size of pizzas (just try to finish a short stack). Everyone ebjoyed the food and we all took home doggie bags.

• Visited February 2014
“Best breakfast”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

This is the best place for breakfast that we've been to in the Twin Cities in 20 years of living here. The food is delicious and the wait staff is excellent. This is the place that our friends family want to go to everytime they visit. Portions are very large, so be sure to factor that in when ordering.

“Ok food, great service”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Food was cold, and the over all flavor was blah. I have been to other keys cafe's and the food was much better there. We had 8 people in our group, our waitress kept our drinks full and checkex on us regularly.

• Visited August 2013