“A St. Paul Landmark”

W.A. Frost & Company
Reserve with OpenTable
W.A. Frost & Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 889 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Western Ave.
Traverse City, Michigan
“A St. Paul Landmark”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The lovely interior, which boasts one of the largest bars I've ever seen, allows you to choose one of many possible seating areas. However, summer seating MUST be had in the lovely and large garden area, complete with couches, something reminiscent of European dining.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best patio in St. Paul”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

By far, the best patio in St. Paul. They have plenty of seating, although often full, if you hang out awhile a seat will likely open up. The wait staff is a little finicky about seat movement, but they also have to move around the patio. Service can be a little slow, but just kick back, relax, order some apps or dinner and enjoy the string of lights overhead and a beautiful night in what seems like a crowded backyard. To be clear, I didn't have reservations, and just sat and had drinks in the outside bar area(first come first served) and more my style. The outdoor patio restaurant seating almost requires a reservation.

• Visited June 2014
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fabulous patio dining”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The atmosphere is old Catskills meets Manhattan. Stopped for a drink and appetizers on the patio, as the prices are too steep for dinner. It was lovely. Definitely a special occasion dining spot!

Minneapolis
“Pricey but special”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a very special restaurant because of tradition, location, service,and food entrees perhaps you have never heard of or experienced. Our visit tonight was to celebrate an anniversary. We arrived early and we were seated promptly. It gave us time to study the wine list and menu. Admittedly, our wine choice was made by price because 95% of listings were expensive. We purchased an inexpensive bottle named Bulletin which was more than decent. A later single glass of Trefethen chardonay was $14.50. Somewhat surprised but shame on me. We ordered an artichoke dip as a starter and it was arrived at the table very hot which was good and tasty too. Entrees were micro chicken salad and lamb burger. The salad was small which was fine but not memorable. Just O. K. I love lamb and had to try the lamb burger. It could have been elk, buffalo, beef. or ostrich. It was so well done it 's taste was hidden from my familiar love for the flavor of lamb.
The server, named Mark, was terrific although he did neglect to ask how I wanted my lamb burger prepared. I would never have ordered it if well done was the only option. Maybe sometime you have to over pay to make the occasion memorable.
The dining room area is first rate and classy.
When we sat down our server asked if we had any time considerations. We said none and that leisure was our tempo. Good thing. Not sure if the wait for each course was because of our response or whether the wait is normal. The over-all experience was costly but it will be remembered. Tough review to write. I don't want to zing them because the place is to be cherished. It just should have been better.

• Visited June 2014
Port Orchard, Washington
“Expensive, small portions and horrible service”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Went to this place for a college graduation dinner. We waited 2 hours to get our food!! The menu was very expensive and when the entrée arrived, it was tiny! I ordered a spinach type salad and it came on small plate that didn't even look like a side salad. My husband ordered a burger and it was charcoal burned. We had a large group and everyone's order looked very small. The only positive about this place is they have a big outdoor area to enjoy the warm weather. I definitely would not go back to this place. Too expensive and slow service.

1 Thank Karen L