“Has become pricey...good food, friendly staff but check pries”
Review of Highland Grill

Highland Grill
Ranked #42 of 910 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Nice place, good service but this place has become a bit more expensive than I'd prefer.
For example, oatmeal is $6. There are a number of places that serve fine oatmeal in the $4-5 range. Here they offer both $6 and $9 oatmeal (which comes with additional fruit).

Huevos rancheros is $10.25, ham and egg scramble with hashbrowns & toast is $10.25.
There are many good places to go that have similar food for $1-3/per item less.

Food is fresh and well prepared. But I'm not sure the cost is worth it.

1  Thank Seniordad

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've moved to the area recently and decided to try out the Highlande Grill. From the outside it doesn't look like anything special the inside is small but welcoming and the staff is very friendly (in a non-overbearing kind of way). The prices are a little high for the likes of me but the quality of everything is excellent and considering the area I suspect that by most folks standards they are fairly reasonable. The food is exceptional! The menu looks to be just slightly on the gourmet side of your average grill but let me tell you, everything they make they make very, very well. The goatcheese stuffed lamb burger I ordered may possibly be the best thing I ate all year and the other people I was there with enjoyed everything fully. I highly recommend coming here with friends or for a casual date.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

And the others loved their food too! We met friends here as they highly recommended it and we are so glad they did! The whole staff was so fun and engaging. It was Halloween and each server was dressed in costume. What fun. And they sent a fun "eyeball" cupcake home with us! But the pumpkin pancakes were to die for!!!!! So creamy, perfect pumpkin taste and drizzled with caramel sauce and sprinked with walnuts. syrup and whipped cream on the side. (not much need for the syrup!) One of my best friend's says her Dad frequents this place all the time and I can see why!! We will be back! Yum!!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I eat here on a fairly regular basis. Really enjoy lunch and dinner but breakfast is my favorite, The stuffed french toast and eggs benedict makes my mouth water to even think about. Pumpkin pancakes, not be be missed. Sunday is busy but also my favorite day as there's lots of cool interesting people. Service is fast and super friendly. Reasonable prices and great coffee!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Highland Grill is my go-to breakfast joint. Great servers, great food (the salmon scramble the irish steel cut coats are to die for), and comfortable booths. Priced right ($15/person) for a Sunday morning splurge. Great for business meet-ups also. Two thumbs up!