“Very good Sushi and Service!”
Review of Saji-Ya

Saji-Ya
Ranked #118 of 890 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Albans
Description: TRADITIONAL // JAPANESE // COMFORT FOOD Saji-Ya is proud to serve traditional Japanese comfort food on Grand Avenue for over 35 years. We are passionate about creating food that is both delicious and beautiful with service that is always friendly.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very good Sushi and Service!”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We went for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon so there weren't a lot of people at Saji-Ya. It was quite nice to not have a lot of noise as we have experienced in our past visits. As always, the staff was very attentive and friendly. They brought out the sushi and sashimi rolls that we ordered in a timely manner. For our rolls, we ordered the Number 9 and Dynamite. For Sashimi, we ordered the Albacore, Hamachi, Maguro (both Yelow Fin and Big Eye), as well as the Salmon. As always, the sashimi is fresh and the sushi is great! We also had our requisite Sake. If you like light and fragrant sake, I recommend ordering any of the Junmai Daiginjo types of sake - a little of the expensive side, but well worth it!!

I have been coming to Saji-Ya probably once every 2-3 months, and never have I yet been disappointed! Needless to say, we'll definitely be coming back in the future!

• Visited January 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Wonderful staff, very good Japanese food on St Paul's chic Grand Ave.”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Nice atmosphere, it was totally redone 4 or 5 years ago. The food is very good, very authentic. The two sushi chefs crank out very good sushi. Also, good drinks. Parking can be a bit difficult, but once you're there there are many other cool places within walking distance.

• Visited July 2012
St. Paul, Minnesota
“I love saji-ya!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I always get the vegetarian bento box meal. Saji -ya always accomodates by substituting miso soup instead of the egg drop soup. I love the tofu covered in mushroom sauce- true Japanese comfort food!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank gypsylady75
Shakopee, Minnesota
“Decent Deal”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The atmosphere was extremely unique and inviting, but the place was so empty I became concerned that others knew something I didn't. We happened to go there during Happy Hour, which didn't end up being that great of a deal, but the food was still good. Service was a bit slow, despite the place being empty, but everyone was friendly and helpful. I would go again simply because I know I would get a table.

• Visited May 2012
Page, Arizona
“Good time”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

These guys care about what they do and it's always been a fun time. Patio in the summer is a nice touch.

Visited January 2012