“Birthday Dinner”

Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2013

WOW! My wife and I wanted to experience something different. Neither if us had ever ventured to a Russian Restaurant before. We were greeted pleasantly upon our arrival and quickly seated. We were waiting on a friend to join us and the staff was very polite and did not try to rush us. They asked if we were celebrating anything and we told them it was my birthday. They brought me a birthday drink of horseradish vodka and a small sweet pickle and I have to tell you that it was amazing. For our appetizers we had the Russian Herring, it was just okay. We also had the Prioshki which is a beef and cabbage pastry and it was delish!

For dinner, we shared Hand Made Dumplings, Lamb Sausage and the Salmon Filet with Vareniki and it was all very good. My favorite was the dumplings.

My wife and our friend shared a flight of different vodkas and they enjoyed them all. I had a Baltika Lager that was good as well.

Overall I would give this restaurant an A+.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went here with friends on a Saturday night. I would recommend getting a reservation as they were very busy. We were seated with in 10 minutes of walking in the door and that was with having reservations. (I think that is good). The four of us had quite a great experience with the wide variety in the drink menu and the food was outstanding. I would recommend trying the dumplings, Amazing! The service was fast almost to the point of feeling rushed but by no means was our server trying to get rid of us. If you want Russian food, I wouldn't pass this one up.

1  Thank kruezers
Reviewed 3 November 2013

After a last minute recommendation of this restaurant by a friend, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our first visit here. From the unique vodka martini, to the excellent appetizer sampler and main dish, we enjoyed everything about Moscow on the Hill! The server made wonderful recommendations and we found our first try at Russian foods to exceed our expectations. An accordion musician added to the ambiance. We will be back and have already recommended it to family.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Had a very nice meal recently on their patio - beautiful fall night. Patio is very pleasant, inside also very nice.
We had chicken kiev which was very good, with chocolate mouse for dessert. Previously have had beef strogonoff here - also very good.

Lots of vodka and other options for those interested.

A nice option in the Twin Cities restaurant scene - this place is quite distinctive.

1  Thank Seniordad
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Went to Moscow on the Hill for the first time a few weeks ago for happy hour. I found the food to be very good. The menu was simple, but the flavors were authentic and the food was satisfying. If you are new to Russian food, come during happy hour. You can sample small plates of some of their best choices for great prices. The vodka drinks were good and the outdoor patio was a nice relaxing choice for happy hour. The only downside was the service was consistently poor and slow. When we first arrived the waitress was very attentive and helpful. But after our drinks and food arrived, she never stopped back. We had ordered a bread basket, which didn't arrive with our meals (which took quite awhile). We asked the gentleman who brought our food about it and he said it was coming. Near the end of the meal we had to eventually flag down someone else to ask about it again. We never really saw our waitress again, and we sat with empty water and drink glasses for most of the time there.

2  Thank Angie E