“Great food, affordable”

Little Oven
Ranked #55 of 936 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We drive out of our way to eat here - and have done so for about 15 years. With their specials or coupons from their website it is always great food at bargain prices. The portions are very large, the bread and bread sticks are freshly made and you know you are in a family run business.

If we have to wait for a table - it is worth it. Bring CASH. They are proud to keep their prices low and a part of this is not paying credit card fees. Enjoy this special place.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Although you might have to wait for a seat (small place), it is definitely worth the short wait! Never, ever disappoints! Breakfast is very popular! If you're in the area, it's a must stop!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a great neighborhood restaurant. There is almost always a wait for a table on the weekend, but it's worth it. The dining room is a little small, but it has a comfortable, cozy feel. I went there for breakfast about a week ago and had the Sicilian Omelet. It was delicious and all the portions were huge. For 8.99 it included a 3 egg omelet, hash browns and 2 good-sized pancakes. I have a good appetite, but I did not touch the pancakes, choosing to take them home instead. I call that a tremendous value!

I frequently order take-out pizza here. They have a "buy one get one" special where you can take home 2 14" pizzas for under $20! This is always enough for 2 full meals for my family of 4 (including 2 teenage boys!). The pizza is always loaded with cheese (no reason to order extra cheese here), and definitely on the greasy side, but we love it!

As others have said; no credit cards here. Cash or check only (no checks under number 2500).

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Gotta say right upfront: These folks don't take plastic. Considering how the financial industry gouges small businesses with credit card fees, I'm surprised more merchants don't do the same. This policy has never been a problem for us, but I could see someone missing that sign on the door with the resulting awkward moment to follow-- and who wants that, right?

Their tagline is: BIGGEST PORTIONS, smallest prices. On this, they deliver. We usually get two meals out of one by taking half home-- and we're not light eaters.

The food is decent Americanized Italian fare, if a little on the safe (i.e. bland) side. One exception we've found: the Penne Diavolo, which in mid-western terms is as advertised: hot and spicy.

Service has been consistently adequate, though not stellar. The servers always seem to be busy, so it's more a case, I think, that the wait staff is overworked rather than any other reason.

Website: http://thelittleoven.com/

1  Thank Patrovski
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This place is great! Food is delicious; portions are huge; prices are reasonable -- what a combination! I was very impressed. I think you will be pleased if you give it a try.

Been to Little Oven? Share your experiences!