“Friendly Neighborhood Place”

Finnish Bistro
Ranked #83 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Cafe, European, Scandinavian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Thompson Falls
“Friendly Neighborhood Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

So, you pass by the bakery display and order at a cash register. The menu is by the cash register. They give you a number and you go to your table. You go to the adjacent coffee business in the same room over on the right to order and get your coffee. The tables are small and crowded and sparse. You find a place to sit and enjoy your company with a lot of noise background. Doesn't sound like fun, eh. But it is. It's great. I had one of the best Portabella Mushroom sandwiches ever and my wife had the fish taco special and loved that. Both were excellent. The meal was served with a small iced cake that was wonderful. The menu items are good and the bakery items are wonderful. It's a bistro and a great breakfast or lunch place. Never tried dinner there.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Raymond M

“Quaint with breakfast all day and nice menu selections”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I went for lunch on a Monday and it was quiet and nice, lovely little spot. Wonderful menu with breakfast serviced all days, sandwiches, flat bread pizzas and sandwiches. It also has a small gluten free menu and also offers drinks, wine and beer. They have a list of quiches so I had the salmon asparagus and it was wonderful!! I also had a piece of the almond pastry and it was good but a little dry. It is attached to the Dunn Bros. coffee shop so it is a nice combo in a pretty little neighborhood by Luther Seminary.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cari M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“We shared and were jealous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Four of us at the table and we all tasted each others meal.
And I think we were all jealous of the other's choices.
Portobello Mushroom Burger
French toast with berries and syrup with squash soup
Omlet
Beef Pasty
Couldn't tell you which was best except the squash soup
was definitely incredible!!
No one had room for desert which was a dirty rotten shame!
I can only suggest as our old bakery used to say : "Life is short, eat desert FIRST!"

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank drykec
Minnesota
“Was not overly impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We tried this restaurant because we purchased a deal through Living Social. Based on the reviews I felt we couldn't go wrong. We ordered the Park Breakfast and Finnish Oat Cakes with a side of Kielbasa. We waited patiently as we saw order after order being delivered to other tables and finally inquired where ours was. A few minutes later our plates of food arrived and while the flavor was ok, both dishes were cold. I am not sure what happened or why our food took so long but I have a sneaky suspicion that our order sat in back as a to-go order and when they realized their mistake they just plopped the food on our plates. An employee offered us a free plate of baked goods but to be honest I would have rather had hot food. I was not impressed and we will not return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Melissa S
United States
“Kiitos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We arrived at busy lunch time on a Saturday. The bistro is counter service and I didn't think we'd find seating by the time we ordered....but we did. My walnut burger was excellent. So moist I had to eat it with a fork and knife, but that was because it was perfectly slathered with humus, ripe tomato and lettuce. My friend had pulla french toast and was impressed with the warm fruit, delicious bread and syrup. Service was efficient and friendly. Hyvaa, hyvaa. We'll be back.

• Visited November 2013