“Very nice municipal course...”
Review of Como Golf Course

Como Golf Course
Reviewed 24 July 2009

After struggling to find a tee time at several other local public courses, we decided to play at the Como Golf Course. Our tee time was at 6:08 pm, so we qualified for the after-4:00 twilight rate and paid $17. There was a league of lousy golfers in front of us, so our pace of play was relatively slow for the first 9 holes, but we still managed to get in 14 holes before it was dark. That made for a pretty good deal!!

Overall, I was very impressed with the course. Some of the tee-boxes were banged up, and the fairways were a bit spotty. But the greens were in great shape and extremely difficult. It seemed like we never had a straight putt.

The sand-traps were relatively small and sparse, and I managed to avoid the sand on all 14 holes, which is unusual for a 24-handicapper like myself. And some of the fairways are rather forgiving, with very playable second shots even if you significantly miss the fairway with your drive. The water hazards made things a bit trickier. There were several sizable lakes, which provided trouble on 7 or 8 holes. I was glad to only drop one ball in the drink.

The various elevations throughout the course make for many very picturesque holes (and made it rather difficult to carry our bags).

I was very impressed with the Como Golf Course. It's not spectacular, but it's a beautiful, well-maintained, challenging course for an average golfer like myself. And the twilight rate made for an affordable way to play. I'm happy to recommend the course and hope to return again someday.

1  Thank clo110