“Easy pedaling, beautiful vistas.”
Review of Gateway Trail

Gateway Trail
Ranked #17 of 119 things to do in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Owner description: Seventeen-mile trail stretching from Stillwater to St. Paul, Minnesota.
Stillwater
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Easy pedaling, beautiful vistas.”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

From the pastures dotted with cows to the gently rolling hills this is a beautiful trail that is the pride of Minnesota. Early in the morning don't be surprised to see deer or wild turkeys crossing the trail.
The Gateway Trail is a wonderful asset to the network of trails in Minnesota. I can't wait until it goes thru to Stillwyater.

2 Thank ElephantWalk801

Saint Paul
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Early Fall Walk”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This past September I was invited to go for a walk on the Gateway Trail. I live in the area but had never been on the trail so I was anxious to see what it was like. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful and natural the area it goes through is despite it running along the highway and through a number of populated areas. I saw many other walkers, bikers and rollerbladers that day and even someone on horseback. I had not anticipated walking for as long as we did but but the time we finished we were surprised that we had in fact walked over 12 miles that afternoon simply because it was so enjoyable.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Wildirishx5
Saint Paul, Minnesota
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My Favorite Trail”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I Bike, Rollerblade, Run and Walk here. The scenery is beautiful, from farms to woods to picturesque ponds. It's hard to believe you are so close to the city. There are just enough hills to make it a bit challenging, and rest stops along the way. The park at the end has modern toilets, drinking water and picnic tables.

2 Thank Partera60
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“A nice escape from a busy urban hubbub”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My experience with Gateway trail is limited to cycling. I use it as an excellent route that can take me all the way to Stillwater, MN. It is a nice bike/walking/running path. it's flat, paved and on quite a few places it offers restrooms, parking and water fountains. As one edges toward north-east, and leaves the Twin Cities proper, the trail runs through some of the nicest natural reserves in the Twin Cities area. Aside from being a nice connection for non-drivers it can be used for quick hikes, runs and walks. many locals who live near by do it. I just wish that the quality of pavement were better. It is the worst around St. Paul area. It becomes better toward Stillwater.

SSP,
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great way to see the city”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was amazed at how fast one can get from Stillwater to St. Paul on this bike trail. The way it winds through neighborhoods with enough shade to keep you comfortable even on a hot day. We are not fast riders but went form Stillwater into St. Paul and back in 6 hours. We even had lunch in St. Paul.

Visited August 2012