“Good food, great beer”
Review of Happy Gnome

Happy Gnome
Reserve with OpenTable
Happy Gnome is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 902 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Selby and MacKubin
Transit: The 21 drops off right in front.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

You cannot beat the beer selection here with 44 choices on tap and 100+ bottles. The food holds it's own with handmade pretzels and beer cheese sauce, duck burgers, and such. Wonderful atmosphere with good service and even ample parking.

There are newer reviews for Happy Gnome

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I love our local hangout. The bar is fantastic, really a friendly place with great windows and wonderful ambiance. Oh and the beer selection is excellent.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Love the game burger! Gluten free buns are available as well as pizza crust. Great service too:) They have a number of ciders on tap and a few bottled GF beers.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Met some girlfriends here for a business lunch. Ordered the shredded pork burrito, which was massive; took half home to my hubby. It was tasty, but I wasn't blown away. Don't really see this as one of my "go-to" destinations when there are so many other great restaurants in the area. I guess if we were drinking beer at lunch, it might have made all the difference.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My main meal was GREAT. I had Cauliflower Risotto, per the recommendation of the waitress, and it was just as flavorful and delectable as she said it would be. On the other hand, I ordered "Rustic Bread" to start, as i simply wanted bread and butter. And i think i may have been the only person who actually ordered bread that day, because it was hard...not even warmed in the microwave or oven. The service was also mediocre. I was there with three friends for about 3.5 hours and in that time our waitress visited us 4-5 times. If it wasn't for her pleasant attitude, i would have tipped her WAY less, and i still gave her about 18%.