“Anniversary night”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Bloomer
“Anniversary night”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The room was a great value & great location, for my work. The bed (double) was too small for the two of us. Otherwise, we would definitely stay there again! I believe we've been there 2-3 times. I love the fact that they have smoking rooms. When I'm out of town, I do not like having to go outside by myself to smoke.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

JanusHotels, General Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank yuo very much for your feedback and please know it will be used to better our customer experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Wow. It was awful. We stayed at this hotel for a concert, and the hotel stay ruined the weekend. It took 40 minutes of standing in line to check in. They were "overbooked" on double rooms and were turning people away that had guaranteed with a credit card hold. Thankfully, I had a single room and my reservation did not get lost from an overbooking. After we FINALLY got a room key we took a creepy elevator ride. The lighting was spooky. The elevator door opened to a reveal a dangerous looking man with some type of lizard on his shoulder. We reacted with surprise and the man just chuckled. Upon entrace to the room, we found a beer bottle in the corner of the room and a very musty smell. The tv did not work. The air conditioner (or any ventilation) did not work. Sink did not drain AT ALL even over night. The first thing I did was inspect for bedbugs: no sign. However, the mattres was stained all over and the bedding was repulsive. At first I thought the sheets had not been changed as they were extremely wrinkled and stunk. When I asked for a clean set of sheets I was given a ball of sheets that were equally stained and smelly, except these came from the linnen closet. Sleep quality was poor. Thin walls and rowdy people do not mix, especially when I had no tv or fan to drown out the noise. Do not expect breakfast from this hotel. They do not restock anything. I was there 1.5 hours before the end of breakfast time and the ONLY thing left was juice from the machine. Not even a piece of bread. With all of these negatives being said, the staff were nice and polite. The girl checking in and helping the 40 minute wait line was working alone and did well with the complaints and pressure. I won't be coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
We apoligize for your less than satisfatory stay. Please know that we have taken steps to resolve issues and your feedback will be used to better our guest experience!

Travellers are raving about these Saint Paul hotels

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have stayed here for a little over two months and have had no problems at all. The staff are frendly the hotel is quiet the rooms are what you would expect form a super 8 I would recommend this hotel to anyone dont let the bad reviews scare you away..

• Stayed January 2013
JanusHotels, General Manager at Motel 6 St Paul I-94, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
We are pleased your stay was a very pleasant one. Thank you for choosing Super 8 and look forward to seeing you in the future!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Me and my husband checked in for a pet convention taking place in town. Our room was great,not cold at all,and the front desk staff was helpful and adorable. The young men and women were dressed appropriate, you could honestly tell the hotel was greatly managed because at all times it smelt so great, and all the staff was always cleaning. I enjoyed having hot coffee ready in the morning to get the day started. The price is right for excellent service. I would recommend family and friends there before I consider anywhere else. Me and my husband will definantly be returning next year!

Room Tip: I don't believe any of the outrageous, negative reviews. It couldn't be the same Super8 we w...