“Needs Updating”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located downtown within walking distance of office but a longer walk from restaurants and other activities. Hotel HVAC needs work as my room was never cool enough yet someone else's room was never warm enough. Humidity level in my room also high, another sign of HVAC issues. Otherwise, rooms could use a little updating but everything worked fine.

Stayed: July 2014
BSchmechel1, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We are very sorry to hear you had HVAC issues. I will look into it with our engineering department.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wish I could attach a photo of my bathtub although you would lose your appetite. I checked into my room and the tub was full of what looked like vomit or feces in standing water. I took a picture and showed the front desk and they didn't apologize but rather said they can't inspect every room! What!? If you have problems like this then you had better check every room. Nasty.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Dismiss3d

I truly apologize for your experience at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my staff and will address each concern.
Again, we apologize. We really do care.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Was stuck in the hotel elevator for 1.5 hours. Maintenance guy couldn't figure out how to fix. Had to call elevator company for repair. My brother finally figured out how to get the elevator doors open. Escalator not working in the hotel. Long hairs found in the bathroom after it had been cleaned. Ice build up formed in fridge, needed to be thawed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
BSchmechel1, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St Paul Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unpleasant experience you had. We're making every effort to make the necessary updates and repairs to our elevators and improving some of our quality assurance practices. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please feel free to contact us if you have any additional concerns.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is was my second time staying at a DoubleTree by Hilton in the last year. On my first stay they neglected to tell us on check in that the A/C was not working, and had not been since that morning. Very frustrating. Decided to give them another shot recently and, while the room looked nice, the stay wasn't the best for a couple of reasons. First, water pressure in the shower was very poor and the shower drain was about as slow as can be. At the end of a 5 minute shower, I was in ankle deep water. Second, there were numerous false alarm fire alarms throughout the night, starting around 3 am and the last one we heard before we left was around 9:30 am. Very difficult to get a good night sleep with the alarms blaring. Last, we were told on check in that we could either pay our parking at the front desk or to the ramp attendant when we left, and that it would be the same price either way, $15. We opted to just pay the attendant on our way out. When we left, the attendant charged us $23, they said it was because we were 1 hour over the 24 hour time limit. Very frustrating stay and we will not be staying at a DoubleTree again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jesse P

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your travels to our area. However, we're very disappointed that your recent stay fell short of meeting your expectations. We appreciate your feedback about the plumbing issues, false fire alarm disruptions, and miscommunciation regarding the parking fee. We have passed on your comments to the appropriate teams and are working to ensure such missteps do not continue. We hope that you'll consider giving us a second chance to demonstrate our true hospitality.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I enjoyed my short stay at the Double Tree. My room was lovely and quiet. Being a Honors member I got free water. I also enjoyed having the little refrigerator. The desk help was very friendly and helpful answering my questions. I also liked that there was a business center.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Diana for the very nice comments.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very nice stay - the usual comfy Doubletree bed (and delicious cookie). The hotel appears to have been recently updated. Quiet location but easily accessible. New restaurant was quite good - outdoor seating was nice. Connected via skyway to City Center (which is where the coffee is). Walkable to cultural sites.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you John!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just what we needed. We were attending a wedding and this was the perfect place. They have a new restaurant that just opened on street level. The bar has 26 variety of draft beer, yes 26 ! Wood Pizza oven. The Cook "Pizzaiolo" who cooks the pizza is very friendly and likes to chat when you sit a the open kitchen counter. He will explain the process to you. They also have anotherresaurant for breakfast on the second floor with a nice variety of breakfast items. Bacon is great. I like strong coffee so after the waiter poured the first cup I asked him to stop. Room for improvement there for my taste. Everybody is very friendly in the hotel Parking is extremely easy. They have very nice TV with HD. Our room was spacious and clean with new Hilton linen. The General Manager there is doing a very good job.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Excellent review! Thank you and come back soon!