“Service and style”

The Saint Paul Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A finely appointed hotel with excellent service. The room was spacious, very clean, and the bed comfortable. Our meeting was served excellent food, both lunch and breaks, and the staff was top notch. You'll feel comfortably at home here. Oh, and for the early exercisers, the exercise room has a beautiful morning view of the river and the bridge.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Saint Paul Hotel

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I've been to the Grill and I've given gift cards for stays at the hotel and dinner and have heard back that it was incredible. So i decided to make this an annual birthday gift. I now live in Australia and was looking to purchase a gift card for my parents, who live in Minnesota. To make a long story short I was unable to do it online and after enquiring I received a phone call, an international phone call none the less, to help me take care of it. This personal touch and attention to detail is what is missing from most restaurants/hotels these days but not the ST. PAUL HOTEL & GRILL. It seems to be a quickly fading art. So if you truly want to treat yourself or a loved one to a place that prides itself on customer service, quality and attention to detail in every way this is the place to go! The food IS excellent and the accommodation is tops on my list! Thanks Travis!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
David M, General Manager at The Saint Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you so much Joie! What a wonderful endorsement of our employees. They work very hard to earn your trust, so thank you for sharing your comments. And, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit from down under!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It is in a good location. The rooms are big. The bathroom is big. The hotel is well maintained. My room was very clean and bed very comfortable. Even though the hotel seemed full I did not hear my neighbors or people walking in the hallways.
There were a few disappointments however: the valet service was extremely slow. It took almost half an hour to get the car each day. The driveway of the hotel is small and always seemed congested, making it difficult to drop off the car as well. The valets did inform me that I could self park next door for the same price of $20 per day, but mentioned that there is not elevator and the parking spaces were very tight. The seemed to almost discourage people from parking there.
I had breakfast at the M street cafe. The food was mediocre and the service very slow. The neighboring table waited 45 minutes for their food to come out.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed in lovely Ordway suite and ordered room service for ourselves and our guests. The lady, I think her name was Karen, who took our order and delivered food to our room made us feel welcome and special! We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and even though we had notified hotel of this when reserving suite management did NOTHING to make us feel special. Would not have expected much, but some fresh flowers or a couple chocolate dipped strawberries or anything would have been nice. Epic fail to management. Huge win goes to Karen!! Thanks!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day the day after and booked a suite at the St Paul Hotel. From our arrival on Saturday through checkout at noon on Sunday we were constantly met and assisted by a cheerful and helpful staff. Our suite was roomy and well appointed. After dinner we enjoyed drinks in the bar and listened to a great jazz combo performing in the lobby. We were very pleased with all aspects of the hotel and would definitely return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

It had been about 15 years since I stayed at the St. Paul Hotel, so I was pleased to see that it was as grand as ever! The hotel lobby is gorgeous, with a very inviting lobby bar and fireplace seating. The rooms were gorgeous. We had a King Suite, and the four-poster bed was fabulous! It's an old property, so the rooms/bathrooms are not huge, but our suite was plenty large for my husband and me. We had a corner room with large windows which were drafty, but we didn't mind. We just cranked the heat and enjoyed the beautiful views of the parks, in which the trees were still lit up with thousands of Christmas lights to look like Weeping Willows. The staff is outstanding, and they will transport you at no cost (at least within in St. Paul) in their comfortable Cadillac. The St. Paul Grill is one of the very best restaurants in St. Paul, but the Market Café in the hotel basement is also outstanding. If you are looking for a special occasion getaway, the St. Paul Hotel is a perfect destination!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
David M, General Manager at The Saint Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

What a wonderful review! Thank you. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Please don't wait another 15 years to visit us again!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Had my second stay this week.. Great staff and service both times. Staff friendly but professional. Lots of history in a good way. Restaurants were both very good. I liked the bar/restaurant on the main floor best. Good, interesting apps.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business