“Very nice hotel!”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Saint Paul
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Very nice hotel!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My brother and I stayed there after going to a Vikings game and we were very impressed! The staff at check in were very friendly and helpful. Both of us have experience in the hotel business so we know what to look for in the rooms and we can say that it was very clean and everything was in working order. The pool area,game room and restaurant also made our stay more enjoyable! I recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments! The staff at the Holiday Inn St Paul East are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel! I will be sharing these comments with all departments to let them know that they have satisfied another guest! We are also glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and our many amenities.
Once again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the St Paul area!

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had visited this property once or twice while I was in the Twin Cities for various sporting events. I just recently stayed for a period longer than a single day and I was absolutely impressed. The first thing I look for when staying at different venues is how the staff treats its guests. I've worked in customer service for awhile and it is important to me to provide guests or customers with a warm reception. I mean, they are staying at your hotel right? This staff definitely set the bar high for other hotels. From the front desk staff to the kitchen crew this hotel brought their A-Game and it was fantastic! On top of such a positive staff experience the rooms were very affordable for the group we had and in such a good location. To get from the hotel to downtown St. Paul was just an easy 5 minute drive. One time our group did not feel like carpooling to our destination, and opted to take the shuttle provided by the hotel. Not only was the driver friendly, but the service was expedient and convenient. They also provide commodities such as an exercise room and an office in case you need some quiet space to get your work done. I would definitely recommend this location to a friend or group anytime they find themselves staying in the Twin Cities. You can be sure that I will be giving them my business for a long time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review of the Holiday Inn St Paul East. We take great pride in delivering the best service, and we are very excited that you had a great experience!
I have shared your comments with all of our departments and we will be spreading the word of your great comments. I have also forwarded your comments to our chef, and he will spread the word of your "A Game" experience.
We know that first impressions are very key to a guest's experience, and we are glad that we gave you a warm welcome and were able to set the bar for other hotels!
Once again, thank you very much for your kind review, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is not a bad choice and is available at a decent price although the facility is getting a bit tired. I am an IHG Platinum member and generally have a bias toward the Holiday Inn group, which partly influenced my choice of this hotel. However, even more influential was the fact that my colleague and I had an appointment at 3M and this hotel was very conveniently located for that purpose. It was relatively easy to find as it was right off the McKnight Rd. exit from I-94. While the lobby appearance was fine, as we saw more of the facility, we were both of the opinion that it was showing its age a bit. My room was adequately spacious and clean. The amenities including the WiFi worked well. The price was actually very reasonable and relatively fair for what we got. The morning breakfast buffet was fairly limited in choices but was not bad. In all, it was a fairly decent facility and convenient for business at 3M.

My biggest issue with this hotel was an error that occurred at check-in that I found to be quite annoying. I had made a reservation for two rooms under my name for my colleague and me. I asked the front desk agent upon check-in to split the rooms so that my colleague and I could each pay for our own. My colleague also gave her his Priority Club number. After getting home and examining the receipt, I found that she had messed this up as she split the charges but changed the PC number for BOTH rooms to that of my colleague. I then had to write corporate through the website to straighten it out so I could get the credit for my stay. This has happened to me a couple times in the past and it is always quite irritating. Apparently, it is better to make separate reservations even though it should be a relatively easy task to separate them upon check in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is comments like yours that help us improve as a hotel.
I am glad that you found our location convenient to the 3M campus. We take pride in taking care of our 3M guests, including the shuttle to 3M, free breakfast and access to our hospitality suite.
We are also going through a renovation to make our hotel more up to date. We are updating our public areas to keep our hotel fresh, and up to date. I apologize that the current condition was not up to your standards.
I deeply apologize for the issue you had with attaching your IHG Rewards Club account. We always want to make sure that our guests are getting the points that they have earned, and deserve. I apologize that you did not originally get these points. It sounds like it has been resolved through IHG Rewards Club. If this has not been resolved, please respond to this message with your email or phone number so we can get you your points ASAP.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to take this survey. We look forward to serving you the next time you are here with 3M, or want to take in what St Paul has to offer!

Guest Service Manager.
ILL.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

When I booked our room I spent an extra $13.00 for the breakfast. That morning we found out that someone forgot to credit that and we ended up not getting breakfast.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable but banging pipes keep us awake all night long. And the fact there were drunk people yelling in the hallway until 4am. After that rough night I thought a hot shower would feel good, and it might have if there had been hot water! That's right @ 6am on a Sunday morning the water temp. was luke-warm at best. I have stayed in Holiday Inns around the country but will never stay in this one again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear idlewind,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had during your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Saint Paul hotels

Groove City
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is clean and breakfast was good enough for me. The exercise room is very small it has three machines and please don't touch the air conditioner, it blew out some funky air.

The room was comfortable and it was centrally located.

I will visit this hotel again if I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn St Paul East. We value every guest's feedback, and am glad you gave us your input.
Thank you for commenting on how clean our hotel is. We take pride in providing very clean hotel rooms and common areas for our guests. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department to share!
Thank you for letting us know about the air conditioning issue in our fitness center. I have let our maintanence department know about the issue. It is feedback like yours that helps us pinpoint problems like this.
Thank you again for giving your input on the Holiday Inn St Paul East.
We look forward to serving your needs at our hotel the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel close to MSP and a decent rate this is a good hotel. It is a little dated and the hotel resturant is just ok but the rate was very good. Close to 3M campus and they do have a hotel shuttle that will take you over to 3M of you have business there.

• Stayed July 2013
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all guest's opinion and feedback. We are currently in the process of renovating our exterior and doing some updates to our hotel. I hope you notice the updates the next time you are in the area! We also appreciate your kind words about our shuttle. We take pride in our complimentary shuttle to 3M and a 10 mile radius of our hotel.
Thank you again for your valued feedback, and we hope you stay with us when you are in the area!

Paul H
Guest Services Manager
Highland
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I love Holiday Inn's. They are all so comfortable, reasonable, and always clean. It was located a little bit out of downtown St. Paul but was not an in convienence. I really wish Holiday Inn's were serve breakfast like the Holiday Inn Express' but they must have their reasons. I would stay here again as the price was right for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Paul H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel and the Holiday Inn brand. We strive to give the best possible service, and I am greatful that you enjoyed your experience. For breakfast, all of our Holiday Inn hotels have restaurants that serve breakfast, and Holiday Inn Express has a complimentary hot breakfast. Although, we do provide breakfast to our Gold and Platinum IHG Rewards Members during the weekdays.
Once again, thank you very much for your kind comments. i will be sharing your comments with our staff, and they will be thrilled that you were happy with your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Paul
Warehouse District
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
#5 of 49 in Minneapolis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,607 reviews
Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown
#8 of 16 in Saint Paul

Been to Hotel Metro? Share your experiences!